Phil's 70th At Sf Civic

John A

• Forum MVP

Looks like the Furthur page is under construction, but it seems there will be a Unbroken Chain Foundation benefit coming up in March at the SF Civic. A celebration of Phil Lesh's 70th birthday. Mail order starts tomorrow!

I understand wanting to play a decently large venue for a benefit show, but man o man I'm not a fan of the SF Civic.

• Forum MVP
Looks like the Furthur page is under construction, but it seems there will be a Unbroken Chain Foundation benefit coming up in March at the SF Civic. A celebration of Phil Lesh's 70th birthday. Mail order starts tomorrow!

I understand wanting to play a decently large venue for a benefit show, but man o man I'm not a fan of the SF Civic.

I'm in for this....

I'm psyched! It's gotta be something special for Phil's b-day.

Sure, the Fox would have been better but Furthur is on their way to playing big halls. The Civic ain't so bad, could be worse. The NYE shows had a nice vibe to them.

I'm hoping for a Fri/Sat/Sun afternoon at the Greek this summer.

I'm with you that venue blows hard!

Actually, I found the sound quality at the Fox in the balcony to be absolutely horrible (on Friday). It was much better on the floor (on Sunday), but still not great. The sound quality at the Civic floor seemed noticably superior--at least where I was. Can't say anything about the seats in the Civic since I never made it up there.

Actually, I found the sound quality at the Fox in the balcony to be absolutely horrible (on Friday). It was much better on the floor (on Sunday), but still not great. The sound quality at the Civic floor seemed noticably superior--at least where I was. Can't say anything about the seats in the Civic since I never made it up there.

Yes..the Fox Oakland albeit a visual delight...was sonically lacking. I heard something that they were working/upgrading that...Would be a blessing as the whole scene there was very sweet and well laid out...I think we will get a three night Greek run come summer...Talk about flashbacks...

Since this is being advertised as "Furthur and Friends", one can't help but wonder who some of these friends might be? Could be real interesting if Mickey and Bill sat in for a little bit. I would imagine JK would enjoy that!! You would think that they of all people have been invited to the party unless there are some really bad feelings that have occured since the Dead tour of last summer.

I ran into JK at the San Rafael guitar show last weekend and put in a word for a 3 day weekend at the Greek. It got a smile out of him. What a very nice guy and it was a pleasure to chat with him.

Agreed about the Fox.

The sound was excellent in the balcony of the Civic. It was magnified and powerful, such a contrast to the rehearsals. It's so much fun to hear Furthur in different types of venues. Glad we have this show and special occasion to look forward to.

Sign me up for the Greek and Frost, too, please...

Archived