2/14/2010 Hob, Cleveland

Tea

Very nice show, i should have some photos up by tonight - maybe tomorrow. I got a lot of good ones of Eaton.

a couple things .... Eaton dedicated "Bring it on down the line" to Kevin who has a birthday coming up. The opening count was apparently Kevins age, and going by that he's getting up there. What followed next was pretty funny. Rob stepped up to the microphone and lost his voice. Instead of kicking an amp he got a good laugh at it and with a crackling voice he tried to explain to the audience. This didn't appear to be an issue the rest of the night. I also noticed Rob changed the lyrics at least once during Throwing Stones. there was an interesting jam in the middle that seemed off the beat and path of a regular T-Stones.

Morning Dew was very nice but Jeff seemed to be losing his voice a little and seemed hesistant to push his vocals. I noticed as the night went on he sounded less and less like Jerry from a vocal standpoint but his guitar work was spot on all night. There seemed to be some really nice interactions with Eaton as well.

It was nice to hear a couple of vocal songs from Rob B.

I had the show as somewhere in 1984 early on, but i guess it was 04.13.1983

• Forum MVP

Saw the UVM recreation setlist.......Very Nice! Love to see the TELO, J-Straw, Scar>Fire, DEW and the like. Planning on hitting Ashville, Charlotte, and Raleigh so I hope they all have some tea and honey to get the vocals feelin better.

Thanks for the setlist update.....and to my wife who will endure my absence for fun (her words). My words: CHURCH!

Ok my comments might have come across as the vocals being bad or something. That wasn't the case. Just an observation of what took place between the opening beats and vocals during BIODTL and what i thought was Jeff not wanting to push his vocals at the end of Dew. In no way was i critical of either as i thought both musicians seemed to handle the situation perfectly. Rob seemed to have fun with it and Jeff let his guitar work speak for itself. It was a really fun show and a nice way to warm up to a cold cleveland night

• Forum MVP

No worries Hedges. I did not take your post to mean that they ended up bull-froggin' it up there. It did sound like the levity of the situation showed right through and that it wasn't an 'issue' for the nite. I am glad you got to take it in and don't need to ask if you had the time of your life.

I can't wait for my turn...........Peace.

Very nice show, i should have some photos up by tonight - maybe tomorrow. I got a lot of good ones of Eaton.

a couple things .... Eaton dedicated "Bring it on down the line" to Kevin who has a birthday coming up. The opening count was apparently Kevins age, and going by that he's getting up there. What followed next was pretty funny. Rob stepped up to the microphone and lost his voice. Instead of kicking an amp he got a good laugh at it and with a crackling voice he tried to explain to the audience. This didn't appear to be an issue the rest of the night. I also noticed Rob changed the lyrics at least once during Throwing Stones. there was an interesting jam in the middle that seemed off the beat and path of a regular T-Stones.

Morning Dew was very nice but Jeff seemed to be losing his voice a little and seemed hesistant to push his vocals. I noticed as the night went on he sounded less and less like Jerry from a vocal standpoint but his guitar work was spot on all night. There seemed to be some really nice interactions with Eaton as well.

It was nice to hear a couple of vocal songs from Rob B.

I had the show as somewhere in 1984 early on, but i guess it was 04.13.1983

Archived