San Francisco Friends

Guest L~Cat

i would just park it on the street

there are plenty of streets in the outer noe valley area that have street cleaning only once a month. i would drive into this neighborhood around 10am - after anyone has gone to work and just leave it. i would try 27th > 30th streets between dolores and noe, hop on the J-Church and you are back into market street

btw, it is completely safe and free

• Forum MVP

Hey all-

Anyone know a cheap and safe place to park a car in San Francisco for a week?

I have a good friend who lives on Lincoln and 39th. I've left my car parked on his street and it's been fine the whole time. Either take a $15 cab back to downtown or just arrange a ride with a friend. Otherwise it's like $30/day in the city.

intelligence says: "parking in San Francisco SUCKS {at best}. buy a Smart car..."

quick story: refused to pay $80 to park in the Hilton's garage while staying in the hotel, one time....thought to just park on street...ended up with 2 $45 parking tix AND someone popped the back of my truck and stole all my clothes..."

Guest Lisacat

intelligence says: "parking in San Francisco SUCKS {at best}. buy a Smart car..."

quick story: refused to pay $80 to park in the Hilton's garage while staying in the hotel, one time....thought to just park on street...ended up with 2 $45 parking tix AND someone popped the back of my truck and stole all my clothes..."

I know way too many people who have had car break-ins in SF....

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

• Forum MVP

i would just park it on the street

there are plenty of streets in the outer noe valley area that have street cleaning only once a month. i would drive into this neighborhood around 10am - after anyone has gone to work and just leave it. i would try 27th > 30th streets between dolores and noe, hop on the J-Church and you are back into market street

btw, it is completely safe and free

I think this is your best bet.

Can't beat safe and free.

I think the overwhelming majority of car break-ins happen when someone leaves something (anything) in their car in certain neighborhoods.

Lots of non city folk who aren't used to making sure there are no bags, jackets etc. in their cars learn this lesson the hard way.

Although I do remember one time when my buddie's car battery was stolen out of his beater in a pretty bad neighborhood.

Archived