Drums >

King Solomon's

Black Peter >

Truckin' >

Viola Lee

Sugar Mags

Revolution

• Forum MVP

There was a stream up for the show last night that I stumbled upon just before set 2 started. I plugged my wife's MacBook into my pre-amp on the main stereo rig and played it through my NHT 3.3s. The sound was ridiculously good for a live stream. Full range, open, and no artifacts. Truly CD quality, and only a few dropouts for the 45 minutes I had it playing through the stereo.

A quick recap of what I heard:

Music - I can't get my head around the new arrangement Furthur uses for this song. It just doesn't do anything for me. Then, when Bobby comes back the mic in the middle of whaat jam there is to start wailing away...well, sadly not.

Wheel - didn't seem to hit stride. Best I could do here was focus on how good the stream sounded, and I was actually on my couch, with a nice glass of wine, listening to the show "live" in high fidelity.

Unbroken - here's where the set really got started. As they have done consistently, this song rocks.

Shakedown - the momentum continues to build. Funky, juicy, and sweet. JK sounding great.

King Solomon's - I love hearing Furthur do this. Never achieved lift off, but a deep and satisfying jam by any standard.

Black Peter - I have to be honest. JK sings this, and I'm glued to the couch for the remainder of the set. Knowing Bobby will sing, the lap top was taken off the stereo and I listened to the rest of the set in the kitchen doing some odds and ends. I know that sounds harsh, but so it was.

The only thing about the rest of the set I can speak for was that Voila Lee 3rd verse was short, no real jamming. Didn't pay much attention to Truckin' and Sugar Mags. Revolution encore was strong.

What an incredible stream! I found the link on the phil zone.

Guest NHDave

There was a stream up for the show last night that I stumbled upon just before set 2 started. I plugged my wife's MacBook into my pre-amp on the main stereo rig and played it through my NHT 3.3s. The sound was ridiculously good for a live stream. Full range, open, and no artifacts. Truly CD quality, and only a few dropouts for the 45 minutes I had it playing through the stereo.

A quick recap of what I heard:

Music - I can't get my head around the new arrangement Furthur uses for this song. It just doesn't do anything for me. Then, when Bobby comes back the mic in the middle of whaat jam there is to start wailing away...well, sadly not.

Wheel - didn't seem to hit stride. Best I could do here was focus on how good the stream sounded, and I was actually on my couch, with a nice glass of wine, listening to the show "live" in high fidelity.

Unbroken - here's where the set really got started. As they have done consistently, this song rocks.

Shakedown - the momentum continues to build. Funky, juicy, and sweet. JK sounding great.

King Solomon's - I love hearing Furthur do this. Never achieved lift off, but a deep and satisfying jam by any standard.

Black Peter - I have to be honest. JK sings this, and I'm glued to the couch for the remainder of the set. Knowing Bobby will sing, the lap top was taken off the stereo and I listened to the rest of the set in the kitchen doing some odds and ends. I know that sounds harsh, but so it was.

The only thing about the rest of the set I can speak for was that Voila Lee 3rd verse was short, no real jamming. Didn't pay much attention to Truckin' and Sugar Mags. Revolution encore was strong.

What an incredible stream! I found the link on the phil zone.

I mentioned something on the Archive about not being too thrilled with Bobby singing Jerry tunes and I was attacked with all sorts of profanity etc etc.....the way Bobby phrases some of the songs is a huge turn off for me. I'm still going to the shows and love the band but some people really need to chill out....It seems as though the people in this forum have some sense....

All of us are very respectful toward people for expressing and discussing their feelings towards the vocal arrangements of the music we all love along with anything else they would like to discuss here on the forum , and some will respond with their take on the subject and leave it at that , like I do ... some will feel the need to tell you how wrong you are for your distaste in the vocals arrangements of said music and your feelings on any subject they you may be discussing and post a reply , but you wont be cussed at or treated poorly... we are all deadheads and friends here and our love for the music and each other outshines any difference of opinion we may have ...

:):P Awesome....see you all at the shows!

Guest deadheadmike

I mentioned something on the Archive about not being too thrilled with Bobby singing Jerry tunes and I was attacked with all sorts of profanity etc etc.....they way Bobby phrases some of the songs is a huge turn off for me. I'm still going to the shows and love the band but some people really need to chill out....It seems as though the people is this forum have some sense....

All of us are very respectful toward people for expressing and discussing their feelings towards the vocal arrangements of the music we all love along with anything else they would like to discuss here on the forum , and some will respond with their take on the subject and leave it at that , like I do ... some will feel the need to tell you how wrong you are for your distaste in the vocals arrangements of said music and your feelings on any subject thet you may be discussing and post a reply, but you wont be cussed at or treated poorly... we are all deadheads and friends here and our love for the music and each other outshines any difference of opinion we may have ... :)

:dsorocks:

Archived