Musical Savant

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

Derek

Lesley Stahl profiles British musical savant Derek Paravicini, whose computer-like memory for music is matched by his creative abilities to play it in any style.

Was wondering whether anyone had the fortune of seeing this tonight? I immediately thought of all the pianists I know. Derek is an inspiration to many with disabilities. It is difficult to wrap your head around the talent this guy has with the limitations he also has. Wow!

Derek

Lesley Stahl profiles British musical savant Derek Paravicini, whose computer-like memory for music is matched by his creative abilities to play it in any style.

Was wondering whether anyone had the fortune of seeing this tonight? I immediately thought of all the pianists I know. Derek is an inspiration to many with disabilities. It is difficult to wrap your head around the talent this guy has with the limitations he also has. Wow!

and here I too was wondering if anyone else saw this as well.

his playing was just absolutely incredible beyond a doubt. Just a unique and staggering talent for the keys.

incredible chops, incredible ear... seems like he can improvise on anything at all.

I want to hear what he can do playing a Bertha!!

You know, I could be having a phantom memory here - but I have a recollection of seeing a news piece on this same guy a few years ago. The same level of talent behind keys from a guy with disabilities... I wonder if it was Derek

Archived