Petaluma 4-14

sonomajon

Hey y'all,

The missus and I moved to Sonoma two months ago, and for the first time we really felt at home @ the Petaluma show. Must admit, it was my first time with DSO, they blew us away. Like everyone else, loved the After Midnight/Eleanor Rigby thing. And Black Throated Wind, Let It Grow, etc etc.

Anybody out there who would like to befriend a couple of 50 something Dead heads, lost in the Sonoma demographic? Get together for a beer, toke, hike or scrabble game?

"Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand"

Hi Dave and Cathy,

I just sent you a private message but am not sure it went through. My hubby and I live in Petaluma and we'd love to welcome you two with a little Sonoma County hospitality sometime soon. Please let me know how to contact you!

• Forum MVP

Seems like there is a strong desire for more DSO/Stu reviews out there. Here is a good one from a friend who is on our GD email rant....

His name is Andy Huntington and he has A LOT of GD shows under his belt. He gives me shit for taking a vaction in the middle of a DSO Mystic run but he's kidding---a little.

"A statement was made last night

• Forum MVP

Seems like there is a strong desire for more DSO/Stu reviews out there. Here is a good one from a friend who is on our GD email rant....

His name is Andy Huntington and he has A LOT of GD shows under his belt. He gives me shit for taking a vaction in the middle of a DSO Mystic run but he's kidding---a little.

• Forum MVP

Been listening to this one on the Archive and it's pretty mind blowing stuff ... SOTM hit me right in the gut , it must have been amazing LIVE ... Stu sounds FUCKING GRATE !!! He drove DSO through " After Midnight " to the " Elinor Rigby " jam and back to " After Midnight " like he owned the songs , this is GRATE stuff ... The set list is an ALL-STAR and perfect in every category ... DSO sounds fine tuned , well oiled and as they haven't missed a beat with Stu , or Jeff ... I can't wait to be served my portion of this tour , it's commin' , "All Good Things In All Good Time " ...

:dsorocks:

Thanks redeyebert.

Just a few random thoughts regarding shows in general( but night 2 Mystic inspired)...It really is about what we (the audience) brings to offer that makes a night extraordinary... I'm convinced... Sure the band has to reciprocate and lay that foundation...but a band like DSO is always so ready and willing to participate in the mutual exchange, that for me, I feel I have a responsibility on any given night to transmit my appreciation in that moment...each of us has our very own avenue that we employ...some dance, some smile from here to Venus, others simply with closed eyes breathe love back to that stage and therein lies the beauty and community that we create and nourish. So I guess I'm just sayin I'm thankful for these moments...

Back out to plant more veggies on a stellar spring Sunday! SJ

ps...I would always be as close as possible to JG back in the day to transmit and receive this attitude of gratitude...

Archived