Stu Allen & Front Street !

comesatime

• Forum MVP

Well if you want still more Stu Allen in an extremely killer Grateful Dead cover band and you can make it to San Francisco on May 14th (Friday night), then the fun continues. One of Stu's other bands is Front Street and they are playing (with Stu on vocals and electric guitar) at The Independent in San Francisco on May 14th (for only $13 !!!) Here is a link to the show:

http://www.theindepe...y_event_id=7771

It's $13 advance, $15 at the door. If you want to buy in person, you can purchase tix there without any service charge ($13) from M - F from 11 am - 6 pm or any night when there's a show there (check The Independent's calendar to find out what nights have shows).

If you want to get tix online and pickup the ticket there (willcall), there's a $3.33 service charge for a total of $16.33. Here's the link to purchase tix online.

http://www.ticketweb...eventId=1597935

I don't work for Stu - I'm just a huge Stu fan that discovered him and his musical greatness in the last year or so (don't misread that - definitely not taking any credit for him, I mean I just found out about him in the last year or so). I am totally looking forward to the May 14th Front Street show (as I was the first DSO show at the Regency in April which I thought SMOKED!).

Anyway if you like Stu and can make it to SF on May 14th, you can't miss this Front Street show because it's gonna be a RAGER (and The Independent is a fantastic place to see a show with excellent sound). And Front Street is an extremely killer band (two guitarists, bass, piano / pedal steel player, one drummer). On the last Front St show I saw, the piano player was playing an excellent pedal steel on a few songs that Garcia did steel pedal on in the studio.

SF head

Front Street means business...I'm surprised they haven't made it out of the Bay Area much. Their John Stewart gives Ol' Rob a run for his money on the Bobby vocals. :icon14:

Check 'em out:

http://www.archive.org/details/FrontStreet2009-11-01.FrontStreet2009-11-01.flac16

Now listen here Dog, don't be dissing our Rob. I think Stu is the man though. Those last four shows were some of the best. Peace

Guest boputnam
I don't work for Stu -
I do, and this should be special. We've thrice booked there, but the venue balked when Stu got marquee billing as "JGB Band with Melvin Seals and Stu Allen" - they worried the draw three-weeks later would fade. Uh, not so much. So, finally there was a date that worked for them.
On the last Front St show I saw, the piano player was playing an excellent pedal steel on a few songs that Garcia did steel pedal on in the studio.
That is Sammy Johnston - he featured with Box Set years ago. Excellent B3, keys and steel. And, his harp abilities are truly amazing. He's not Howard Levy (there is only one of him...), but when he pulls one up to the mic, it is a real treat.

All that said, after the Independent booked FS, 19 Broadway in Fairfax booked JGB for the following night - they were nonplussed about any blackout concerns. So, we're there the next night. It will sell out so call ahead.

Maybe a Stu doubleheader is sufficient reason to enjoy the Bay Area in May... B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived