What A Glorious Mother's Day Present! (But Who Will Be Playing Lead Guitar?)

goganious

I was quite excited to log on and see all the new dates added in the Northeast this Summer. There's plenty to choose from, including a couple of free shows and a shared bill with Rusted Root and Donna the Buffalo.

Only one question: Who will be playing lead guitar for these dates? I assume it will be Jeff Matteson, but you know the old saying about assuming: it makes an ass out of Uma Thurman.

So who's it gonna be? Stu or Jeff?

JM will be sitting in all summer long,as it goes to show everyone from the past tours since JK left DSO it REALLY doesn,t matter who sits in with the BAND they as a whole bring out the BEST in anyone . I prefer JM that's just me . I will support DSO 100 % no matter who it is . Really looking forward to the start of the tour only a couple weeks away. Peace Dave :dsorocks:

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of Jeff's! I think his guitar work is absolutely top notch. He brings a psychedelic and terrifying element to the music that sounds very natural.

It would have been cool for me to see Stu, if only because I haven't seen him with the boys yet, and would be interested to compare and contrast.

That said, I'm not the LEAST bit dissapointed that it will be Jeff. I am 100% certain that he will melt my face. Moreover, I'd see DSO no matter WHO was playing lead for them. They, as a band, have my full trust.

As if I wasn't already excited for Summer, now I really can't wait! Ledges for G-fest and then 7/11 in Big Flats with Rusted Root, Tea Leaf Green, Umphrey's, and Donna the Buffalo, then 7/30 in Utica and 7/31 in Buffalo, then 2 free shows on 8/12 in Rochester and 8/13 in Laurelton, PA. Can you say "Summer Tour"?

:dsorocks:

Yeah, DSO is a living organism, ever shifting, changing, and adding new drops of lysergic energy into the mixture.

They are more than just one particular element...kinda like the Good Ol' Grateful Dead, I suppose. :rolleyes:

With that being said, the lead guitarist is a tremendously powerful element that can make or break the organism. :)

Ledges for G-fest and then 7/11 in Big Flats with Rusted Root, Tea Leaf Green, Umphrey's, and Donna the Buffalo, then 7/30 in Utica and 7/31 in Buffalo, then 2 free shows on 8/12 in Rochester and 8/13 in Laurelton, PA. Can you say "Summer Tour"?

:dsorocks:

Hope to meet ya at Gfest.

Look for camp "You are here," or campsite 86 (or whereabouts) and ask for Jimo (pronounced G-mo). Ice cold Fat Tire to greet ya!

Archived