Jorma Kaukonen-David Bromberg

BigDad

I saw Jorma (with Barry) and David Bromberg together last night at the same venue DSO plays when in town. What a great show!!! If you've never seen/heard David Bromberg I highly recommend him. They're doing a festival this Saturday in Wilmington, DE with John Hiatt, RRE and others - wish I could be there.

Obligatory GD-related content: Jorma and Barry did I Know You Rider in the first set.

Only downer was Jorma's playing and singing - he seemed a bit off (we all have nights like that) and he did a lot of Shatnerizing - both on vocals of established tunes (Hesitation Blues, True Religion) and on his solos too - weird.

• Forum MVP

I saw Jorma (with Barry) and David Bromberg together last night at the same venue DSO plays when in town. What a great show!!! If you've never seen/heard David Bromberg I highly recommend him. They're doing a festival this Saturday in Wilmington, DE with John Hiatt, RRE and others - wish I could be there.

Obligatory GD-related content: Jorma and Barry did I Know You Rider in the first set.

Only downer was Jorma's playing and singing - he seemed a bit off (we all have nights like that) and he did a lot of Shatnerizing - both on vocals of established tunes (Hesitation Blues, True Religion) and on his solos too - weird.

Love Jorma and a long time Hot Tuna fan, but I saw Hot Tuna electric a few years back and felt that Jorma was really showing his age and road wear. He was pretty sloppy most of the night. Didn't change my love for all the albums I wore the grooves off of in college. I would go again for an acoustic performance, but not sure I'd spring for another electric ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Love Jorma and a long time Hot Tuna fan, but I saw Hot Tuna electric a few years back and felt that Jorma was really showing his age and road wear. He was pretty sloppy most of the night. Didn't change my love for all the albums I wore the grooves off of in college. I would go again for an acoustic performance, but not sure I'd spring for another electric ticket.

I'll wait to comment on electric Hot Tuna until I see them in July @ Jersey shore (Asbury Park)!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all,

Rob

• Forum MVP

I'll wait to comment on electric Hot Tuna until I see them in July @ Jersey shore (Asbury Park)!

Rob

2010 Electric Hot Tuna PerformancesIncludes Jorma, Jack, Barry, and Skooter

With GE Smith. Also Steve Earle.

• All Ages

• Sunday
  • 07/18/10
  • at 6:30 PM

The Stone Pony Summer StageAsbury Park, NJ

• Forum MVP

Rob

2010 Electric Hot Tuna PerformancesIncludes Jorma, Jack, Barry, and Skooter

With GE Smith. Also Steve Earle.

• All Ages

• Sunday
  • 07/18/10
  • at 6:30 PM

The Stone Pony Summer StageAsbury Park, NJ

I'm gonna try and go to this with you ... fingers crossed that we're in the clear by then :)

Archived