Song About Jerry

Guest going going gone

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Has anyone written a song about JG? I'm hoping Hunter's work with DSO on new original material has a song written specifically about Garcia and the impact on everyone who attended scheduled shows with him. We hear about all kinds of magical people in songs from long ago. Wouldn't it be nice to think of people 100 years from now listening to an old recording of a song that mentions Jerry and the people who chose to dance at the performances (and . I guess, those who chose not to attend)? I'll post something tomorrow that I wrote yesterday when I couldn't stop thinking of Garcia and the fellow deadheads. Of course having 12/31/78 playing on my TV didn't change my thinking. Thyat Scarlet transition into Fire is one of my all tyme favorite harmonic licks that Weir and Garcia orchestrated. Then the NFA with Cippolina and Matt Kelly with Weir doing his great slide work blows mind mind everytime.

Has anyone written a song about JG? I'm hoping Hunter's work with DSO on new original material has a song written specifically about Garcia and the impact on everyone who attended scheduled shows with him. We hear about all kinds of magical people in songs from long ago. Wouldn't it be nice to think of people 100 years from now listening to an old recording of a song that mentions Jerry and the people who chose to dance at the performances (and . I guess, those who chose not to attend)? I'll post something tomorrow that I wrote yesterday when I couldn't stop thinking of Garcia and the fellow deadheads. Of course having 12/31/78 playing on my TV didn't change my thinking. Thyat Scarlet transition into Fire is one of my all tyme favorite harmonic licks that Weir and Garcia orchestrated. Then the NFA with Cippolina and Matt Kelly with Weir doing his great slide work blows mind mind everytime.

Burning Spear / Winston Rodney, album titled: Appointment with his Majesty 1997 song is: "Play Jerry". also on (A) live in concert 97 vol. 1.

Burning Spear / Winston Rodney, album titled: Appointment with his Majesty 1997 song is: "Play Jerry". also on (A) live in concert 97 vol. 1.

Ryan Adams...Rosebud...off of Cold Roses...Here is live version:

http://www.archive.org/details/radams2006-02-15.sbd.flac16

: When I pick up my guitar

This is the song that always comes

Don't know what I'm singing 'bout and

Don't know what for

I think about you

And I think about Rosebud

Wish there was a song to sing

To bring you back

But you can't get here from nowhere I guess

Rosebud's shipwrecked up on the Ohio

Behind a wall of glass

Telling me to take care of myself

And my friends

You sing to a field of trees

And roses singing those melodies

Simple and easy where everything moves

Underneath you

And Rosebud too

I wish there was a song to sing

To get you back

But you can't get here from nowhere I guess

Rosebud's shipwrecked up on the Ohio

Behind a wall of glass

Telling me to take it easy

But I took a photograph

And she's just a wooden machine

But you and Rosebud, you're still singing to me

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Shouldn't be using work time and computer to write this , but here it goes:

Jerry left us when he was supposed to leave us. This doesn't seem right because he had always been there with us , through the good times and the hard times, we could count on Jerry to feel it with us and express it in music so we could dance. A mentor to many, a stranger to some. We all had the expression of love. some joined in, some stayed away. It was GRAND, now it's TODAY. Today, life is still life we are just missing a giant friend of all of ours. No more scheduled visits, no more morning dew. Jerry was here when I could afford to tour and doses were rich and plenty. A good time to be had by all... not just some but the door was open to EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY... to play with Cippolina and open for Zappa in 1984 in Chicago. To keep Hunter writng and John Kahn alive.

Thank you to DSO for keeping all the scene going. What you do is real and will not fade away. See ya at the ledges sandpit!

• Forum MVP

Shouldn't be using work time and computer to write this , but here it goes:

Jerry left us when he was supposed to leave us. This doesn't seem right because he had always been there with us , through the good times and the hard times, we could count on Jerry to feel it with us and express it in music so we could dance. A mentor to many, a stranger to some. We all had the expression of love. some joined in, some stayed away. It was GRAND, now it's TODAY. Today, life is still life we are just missing a giant friend of all of ours. No more scheduled visits, no more morning dew. Jerry was here when I could afford to tour and doses were rich and plenty. A good time to be had by all... not just some but the door was open to EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY... to play with Cippolina and open for Zappa in 1984 in Chicago. To keep Hunter writng and John Kahn alive.

Thank you to DSO for keeping all the scene going. What you do is real and will not fade away. See ya at the ledges sandpit!

Nice work bro, you broke the skin on that one......

isp0800311.jpg

So Long Jerry....

this was my first thought also...

So Long, Jerry lyrics by Ween

I picked up my things and went outside

A man that I loved up and died

I couldn't believe that after all of this time

I never knew the man but he was a good friend of mine

So long, i'll see you down that long dark river

Floating on that lining in the sky

I'm lucky, lucky enough to have heard you play your song

So long, Jerry, so long