Catfish John

Hard to Handle

Playin' in the Band>

Cryptical>

The Other One>

Cryptical>

Viola Lee Blues>

Playin' Reprise

Great, great setlist, The band was fired up and playing excellent, not too crowded, loved every minute, Best Viola I've ever witnessed. All concerts, including classical and opera, should always open with Dark Star.

• Forum MVP

Dark Star>

Mason's Children

Big Iron

Catfish John

Hard to Handle

Playin' in the Band>

Cryptical>

The Other One>

Cryptical>

Viola Lee Blues>

Playin' Reprise

Great, great setlist, The band was fired up and playing excellent, not too crowded, loved every minute, Best Viola I've ever witnessed. All concerts, including classical and opera, should always open with Dark Star.

Looks like a great combination of tunes. It would suggest to me that there is an itch to break out another 60's recreation. I can't wait for that itch to get scratched. Man, JM on Viola Lee is a total face-melter!

Your Three Stars of the Night:

3. Hard to Handle - There was a brief moment, while the jam was lilting about fairly conservatively, that Kevin and Rob B. made brief eye contact, followed by a quick nod. From there it was off to the races as Kevin dug in and drove the jam back over to Eaton and JM, who PLOWED through the rest of the jam!

2. The Other One - Much like H2H, it seemed the jam was going along swimmingly, but not necessarily anything we haven't seen or heard before. Somewhere between the first and second verse, though, JM found an extra gear and absolutely pushed the song into overdrive. Eaton got that huge smile on his face - you know, that "I can't believe I do this for a living" smile he gets when the jam is getting particularly fierce - and the two played off each other masterfully.

And No. 1 is...

1. Viola Lee Blues - HOLY. CRAP.

Overall, a fun venue, despite pretty tight security and food & beer prices that passed borderline and just ended up being insane. Cool line-up too; other than DSO, my favorite set ended up being the crowd-pleasin' Rusted Root set and the kickoff Tea Leaf Green set.

Archived