Fennario 7/17 In Southern Rhode Island

Rusty the Scoob

I don't think I'll steal any fans from Rob in Boulder or Dino in KY, so hopefully this ok to post. :lol: Anyone near RI who wants to see a good local GD band, come check us out this Saturday night. We usually play in central and western MA and have a great following there, so this is a new territory for us and a chance for some new people to see us. I'm told it's a great bar, right on the beach.

windjammer72dpiSM.jpg

For a preview you can give us a listen: http://www.archive.org/details/Fennario or a viewing: http://www.youtube.com/fennarioband

I'm also extra excited because I'm breaking out a new bass:

82424.jpg

This thing nails that 68-72 tone and does a pretty good 73-79, too. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

What did you do to the stock bass?.. looks awesome. I am hearing the 69-72 tone of Phil just looking at it..

Oh, man, this bass is unbelievable, but I take no credit for it - a friend of mine modded it - I was pen-pals with him the whole time but he did it all down in Alabama. When he offered it to me for a great price I bought it instantly. He was trying for a Casady thing and it turned out more Phil.

It has Dark Stars swapped just like every other DeArmond Starfire reissue out there, but it also has Hipshot Ultralight tuners, a separate Bartolini EZQ semi-parametric filter for each pickup, and a D-Tar Eclipse buffer for the whole system. It nails 69-72 like you said and doesn't do a bad 73-79 Godfather tone either, since the neck and wood are right. It's really interesting to play - the bridge is in the middle of that huge body, so even though the neck is 30.5" scale it's as long as a P-bass, putting the high frets right within comfortable reach. When you come back into town you should play it sometime, it just hands you Phil tones all day long. :cheers:

Archived