Westcott Theatre

goganious

blink.gif If they played "more commercial tunes like Truckin or lost sailor" the show would not have been nearly as special....

And by the way, perhaps I could have some help from someone who was there, but I believe (since it came after BE Women and before Waiting for a Miracle) "Its All Over Now" was not Baby Blue but was "I used to love her...but its all over now". Definitely not a slow tune. OH but wait you were there?....

pearls_before_swine.gif

You're doubting I was there? Anyhow, maybe looking at the set list again I got confused, sorry about that. Perhaps the enormous amount of alcohol I consume contributes to my memory loss. Regardless, I think Baby Blue is not a great tune and wouldn't be sad to see it removed entirely. And I meant commerical tunes to be Truckin only. Lost Sailor is definitely way underplayed. Same with Wharf Rat. Two great tunes which get little stage time by DSO, from what I have seen. I don't and can't go to every show as a working man, but when they come close enough to make the drive and I can take off work for two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), I go if I can.

Guest Lisacat

You're doubting I was there? Anyhow, maybe looking at the set list again I got confused, sorry about that. Perhaps the enormous amount of alcohol I consume contributes to my memory loss. Regardless, I think Baby Blue is not a great tune and wouldn't be sad to see it removed entirely. And I meant commerical tunes to be Truckin only. Lost Sailor is definitely way underplayed. Same with Wharf Rat. Two great tunes which get little stage time by DSO, from what I have seen. I don't and can't go to every show as a working man, but when they come close enough to make the drive and I can take off work for two days (Tuesday and Wednesday), I go if I can.

I certainly was not doubting you were there. But what I was eluding to was that IMO your critique loses a bit of credibility when you talk about how drunk you were.... I've been there many times - people on here certainly have witnessed a night or two or ten of that but on those nights I really don't have much to say about the show. Not because it wasn't great, but because alcohol gets in the way of having the beautiful spiritual connection with this music that especially those "slower" JGB tunes allow for. (Again IMO) It doesn't get any better than that. Sort of like this... if you could compare the whole grateful dead catalog to the bible, these tunes- (the Jerry tunes) would be gospel....the backbone to this music. [and just as a disclaimer, I'm no holy roller, I just thought the analogy fit]

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Really glad a Lonesome was performed, damn mad I missed it! I'm sure it was quite an adventure for band and audience alike! See ya in Covington!

Archived