Jk Last Night

New York Steve

• Forum MVP

Back on the East coast, made the trip to baltimore to hear jk solo- acoustic. He played in a smallish venue and opened for splintered sunlight. Crowd was late arriving and definetly not into the music. First song--- touch.( As if anyone would be surprised that touch would be jk's choice, but if I never here that song again, I wouldn't complain. Practically every original that dso did with jk, there was a touch somewhere.) Anyway, touch was followed by three orginals, a george harrison tune, and then jk made announcment that he was doing a bobby set, in honor of his b-day. Victim-ll rain- easy to slip. Obviously, the ll rain was the highlight, victim is like going to the dentist, and I don't even think Jerry himself, could have changed my mind on this. Next came a few more originals and then LONG, LONG< LONG way to go home. I was probably one of four people who knew the lyrics to this as I am a product of the vince era, but this by far was the highlight. Really done well. Then, ripple with rest of splintered sunlight. It was good, not great. Splintered sunlight were above average, good jams, the bobby guy has Bobby's manerism's down to a t, and they do a nice job with the jams. Seeing another band that plays gd is difficult because of dso but it was good to hear music.

Glad I went, don't know if I'd do it again...

I like it. Looks like it gives JK to show off some chops we haven't seen before.

I actually like "Victim or the Crime." Probably wouldn't like it too much in the flow of a show, where it would throw the flow off. But I don't know, it's pretty cool. Perfect degree of weirdness.

• Forum MVP

Probably wouldn't like it too much in the flow of a show, where it would throw the flow off.

A good Victim enhanced the "flow", it didn't detract from it.

Here's some proof for ya....listen to the full pre-drums to understand completely...happy listening, you won't regret it I promise!

http://www.archive.org/details/gd90-06-09.sbd-matrix.miller-ladner.6936.sbeok.shnf

http://www.archive.org/details/gd89-12-31.sbd.hinko.28735.sbeok.flacf

Archived