Gd - Madison 1973

Tea

• Forum MVP

What is you favorite part of this epic show? The Eyes and China Doll are jaw-droppers. I was celebrating my unlikely arrival in Madison by listening to this whole show while en route. Love the honey year of 1973!

• Forum MVP

Easily one of my Top 5 favorite shows of all time. Probably my most listened to(especially now that DStone hooked me with crispy discs that do not have the cut in Eyes like my tape did). The You Ain't Women Enough is my favorite version of any song I have heard from Donna. And the D Star>Bass Solo>Eyes>China Doll just might be my favorite 53 minutes of music out there. Don't get me wrong, Eyes went many, many places in the future(this was only the 2nd ever performance I believe) but this version is so raw and dirty. I've definitely been known to be late for work because I refused to turn this off until the China Doll was over. When Phil is finishing off his little solo and Jerry hits the opening chord to Eyes, it is pure blissfull MAGIC. Please, anyone, find me a Deadhead who can listen to the Dark Star and the bass solo and NOT get that big smile going and that sparkle in your eye when he hits that chord to start the Eyes.

Archived