Don't Miss The Pigpen Shows

Still Truckin

• Forum MVP

Ummmmmmmmmmmm....... Lisa over Donna any day of the week (there is just NO comparison in vocal ability)..... but that is where I end my comparisons, from there I just sit back (or boogie down I guess) and watch DSO and know that the magic of it (and this is the same for the grateful dead) lies in the fact that among the best shows, it is just nearly impossible to compare them (even across generations between GD and DSO), because when the MUSIC PLAYS THE BAND, it is no longer about who (or which) is better, but about how much the music moved us ALL TOGETHER and what we DO with that energy that we create together when we LEAVE the show :)

And dammit, I am still sad and angry at my bad timing that I still haven't caught a '69 recreation because I did catch a show right after the first and the GLOW coming from the band and the people who had been there in talking about it was visible, beautiful, and as REAL as it gets, for sure. But it'll happen, and I will be sooooooooo ready for it when it does :)

Archived