Gratefulfest Questions

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

I am contemplating driving over to the Ledges after work on Friday as I've found out there is a less expensive two day pass for those who cannot make it by Friday.

I've never been to a Gratefulfest and was planning on making next years my first but... the moment feels right. However, I was wondering if I could truly not worry about the same things one would have to at a big festival. I am familiar with the big ones, and I am completely over them. Am I being too idealistic in thinking I will not find myself surrounded by nitrous, garbage, or camping in dirt parking lots at Gratefulfest?

I do know the Ledges is microscopic compared to an All Good or Bonnarroo--and that is exactly what I'm looking for. Lastly, if I am arriving early Saturday is there any chance of receiving a decent camping spot?

Vince

• Forum MVP

I am contemplating driving over to the Ledges after work on Friday as I've found out there is a less expensive two day pass for those who cannot make it by Friday.

I've never been to a Gratefulfest and was planning on making next years my first but... the moment feels right. However, I was wondering if I could truly not worry about the same things one would have to at a big festival. I am familiar with the big ones, and I am completely over them. Am I being too idealistic in thinking I will not find myself surrounded by nitrous, garbage, or camping in dirt parking lots at Gratefulfest?

I do know the Ledges is microscopic compared to an All Good or Bonnarroo--and that is exactly what I'm looking for. Lastly, if I am arriving early Saturday is there any chance of receiving a decent camping spot?

Vince

1. There will be none of the issues brought on by the sheer size of All Good or, God knows, Bonnaroo. No nitrous mafia, little garbage (people are really careful about cleaning up after themselves), and beautiful woods rather than acres of dirt. That leads to...

2. Upon arriving Saturday you probably will be directed to whatever is left over in the way of available spots. But you will still be mighty glad you went!!

Vince

Vincent we have been over this. Gratefulfest is it. Period. Make the trip and you will keep coming. Last year was my first. Wow!!!!! Please come.

• Forum MVP

Chuck, that is music to my ears...

and bert, you're right... admittedly, I wanted to reassure myself.

I will be leaving the east coast at 6am tomorrow to make for New Riders of the Purple Sage.

Feels like Christmas.

Chuck, that is music to my ears...

and bert, you're right... admittedly, I wanted to reassure myself.

I will be leaving the east coast at 6am tomorrow to make for New Riders of the Purple Sage.

Feels like Christmas.

Darn it Vincent. Other than posting setlists I never checked the forums this weekend. I would have liked to have met you. I hope you had a great time.

Archived