Phantom Of The Opera

sgrmag2564

All,

A couple of our city's theaters are showing a performance of The Phantom of the Opera filmed live from Albert Hall in London on Oct 2. I have never seen any version of it and I didn't even know the story line before my wife dragged me out the door tonight to go see it.

I say that to say this: IF THIS IS PLAYING IN YOUR CITY THIS WEEK, GO SEE IT!!!!!! It is only playing until Oct 8th here. I was awe struck and it was wonderful!!

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

...in the perfect image of a priest.

I haven't seen a lot of the shows here during my time in LV. But one

I have seen is Phantom. The show is a bit abbreviated here ("short attention span theater") but the production values, music, and overall entertainment quality is stellar. Two thumbs way up.

• Forum MVP

I don't get musicals and I have no idea why.

I've seen lots of the big ones in places like London and New York and I find myself looking around to my friends and family and strangers and see them so wrapped up in the emotion of the thing that they are, at times, weeping uncontrollably.

I must have a chip missing or something when it comes to musicals.

The only one I really like is the television version of Sound of Music with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer because I really love that music for some reason, while the other stuff never did a thing to me.

• Forum MVP

I've seen lots of the big ones in places like London and New York and I find myself looking around to my friends and family and strangers and see them so wrapped up in the emotion of the thing that they are, at times, weeping uncontrollably.

The only one I really like is the television version of Sound of Music with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer because I really love that music for some reason, while the other stuff never did a thing to me.

The television version was of course the movie version, edited and formatted. It attempts to answer the eternal question of how one solves a problem like Maria. How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand? No easy answers.

• Forum MVP

Must be why we get along so well. I too have never enjoyed musicals and can't think of one I would pick as a favorite. No idea why. For someone who loves music as much as I do, it just makes no sense. Grease, the film version, is the only one I have fond memories of. And I think that has more to do with ONJ, than it does the musical.

Archived