Mystic Theater 3-22-72

sonomajon

Set One Greatest Story Ever Told ; Deal ; Mr. Charlie ; Black Throated Wind ; China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; Mexicali Blues ; Tennessee Jed ; Two Souls In Communion ; Me And Bobby McGee ; Loser ; Big Boss Man ; Jack Straw ; Big Railroad Blues ; Looks Like Rain ; Casey Jones

Set Two Me And My Uncle ; Sugaree ; Chinatown Shuffle ; Playing In The Band ; It Hurts Me Too ; Brown Eyed Women ; El Paso ; Brokedown Palace ; Sugar Magnolia > Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) > Jam > Uncle John's Band

Encore One More Saturday Night

Guest L~Cat

my shoulder is killing me from my arm getting twisted to come to this one....and I'm so glad I did. Big big big fun. Best mystic experience I have had yet- lots of dancing room in the front left. Had a great crew there. The Caution>Jam>UJB was highlight I think...that jam was beautiful.

Good job boys and gal.

Nose back to the grindstone.

my shoulder is killing me from my arm getting twisted to come to this one....and I'm so glad I did. Big big big fun. Best mystic experience I have had yet- lots of dancing room in the front left. Had a great crew there. The Caution>Jam>UJB was highlight I think...that jam was beautiful.

Good job boys and gal.

Nose back to the grindstone.

Yes folks please keep the Mystic in rotation...Last night was super chill in there. No hassles whatsoever! And yes Lisa that is exactly where the show grew wings for me! The Sugar Mags wasn't half bad either :)

The UJB last night was an illustration of why I go to these shows...A palpable joy washed over me and I believe most of the room...Now of course UJB is inherently joyous....But If I was banished to some other universe with only one song to carry in my pocket it would be Uncle Johns Band. Many thanks to the band and crew for a real good time! Safe travels...

Guest L~Cat

I do have a question- and I'm posting on here because I'm curious if perhaps I was just on a different wavelength than others, but the Two Souls seemed super fast? Was that me? Or was it so, and if so, was that how it was done during these shows?

nonetheless, its always one of my favorites to hear

and also, I noticed during the LLR, there was a bit of a pedal steel sound to it and remembered during the first LLRs Jerry did play pedal steel, so I thought that was pretty cool that Jeff was going for some of that sound, was that a midi? or was my imagination? (btw, it was a beautiful LLR and one of the highest moments of the first set)

I'm not very good at this technical stuff. But I can dance and I sure did last night....it really could not have been more perfect on all levels.

• Forum MVP

and also, I noticed during the LLR, there was a bit of a pedal steel sound to it and remembered during the first LLRs Jerry did play pedal steel, so I thought that was pretty cool that Jeff was going for some of that sound, was that a midi? or was my imagination? (btw, it was a beautiful LLR and one of the highest moments of the first set)

I'm not very good at this technical stuff. But I can dance and I sure did last night....it really could not have been more perfect on all levels.

Neither the midi nor your imagination, Lisa. That was just Jeff doing his pedal steel thing on his guitar with his own fingers. :headbang:

• Forum MVP

fantastic birthday show :) couldnt have been happier. great setlist, great dance space, great friends, great venue, great fun.

absolutely!!!! so glad I got to be a part of your birthday, this show was SO MUCH FUN!

greatest story was the second song of my first show and every time it opens I go into steph-story-time-mode and its pretty silly and geeky but its one of my fave head spaces and I def ran to it and circled the biblical proportions without staying on the fence. we all thought it was a europe so the deal and mr charlie def just fit so right and had my "classics" ear tuned all the way in. seriously had been wanting that DSO mr charlie you guys were meant to play that song!

grooved through and was solidly stoked on the length the first set was growing to by the time 2 souls came. mango had been killing me with jerry band in sf all weekend (only detectable signs of him trying to woo me, he played it quite cool otherwise) so when that hit i shot him a dirty look cause it was still to early for us to dance together or anything just like we couldn't yet talk about how all these love songs were making us feel even though we both knew we'd feel every word and note of the song to the core .... THANKFULLY the vibe was felt and ya'll took it through quickly which was AWESOME and spared us the awkwardness and it kept our steps a little lighter.

bobby mcgee is one I just taught myself on mando so i got happy and partied down cause it's free. the loser sprawled my brain out across my heart as i thought of the "honest" men I've known and big boss man is gonna make me laugh for YEARS to come cause the guy in the couple I have been living with is a tall mofo and i know the lyrics aren't literal but when they are to you personally its some hilarious thoughts and giggles galore. jack straw and big railroad got my mind deeper in that space and really helped pull me through to where I knew setbreak would release me to breathe one song really soon. LL rain in case anyone had any pain left to cry out with a in your face casey jones to close out and leave us be for a much earned break.

songs that pulled me right into the second set to prepare me for that AMAZING playin' (REALLY REALLY amazing!) then Rob's hurts me too was JUST what I needed cause I've been playing Lisa's for my girl here though she won't hear it and it felt good to hear Rob sing it so I could let male energy tell ME to take care of MYSELF instead of always looking out for my sisters first. needed that.

sigh, bew, sigh. I always think of Kira and her little one. and of times gone by. sparkling el paso and a brokedown that didn't hurt so much as heal and THAT is always what we really need to plant by the banks green edge.

wow. sugar and you think its over but we ain't done yet don't stop on those tracks we are still jamming and did you hear them playing by the riverside or by the rising tides? I know i did and the call home is one I will never fail to follow. really, just a beautiful UJB that just capped the WHOLE show like a snug rainbow mitten. one more saturday night is all I could think leaving, knowing the next night in S cruz was going to be my last night cause dude was gonna come scoop me up and take me back north.....

Archived