Problems with VIP at ALL GOOD

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

So I've been hearing that there have been alot of issues for those with VIP camping at All Good... Apparently people were "locked-in" the VIP area and werent allowed to leave the VIP area to go to Shakedown, ect.. until noon each day... they couldn't carry the beer they brought in, even around their campsite, and some other "rules" I haven't been privy to hearing about yet... ALSO, a TON of police everywhere...

Apparently some people who had VIP at All Good are going to sell their VIP tickets for The Jubilee, or maybe not even go at all...

I SERIOUSLY hope that these problems will not affect The Jubilee, as it will be a helluva lot smaller festival then All Good.. I don't want to drive 8-9 hours out there and NOT have a good time due to the "fun-police", as well as the real police raining down on my parade..

Anyone go to ALL GOOD here, that found they had similar problems with VIP, or even just General Admission??

• Band Member

The powers at be are aware of the VIP access situation. It will be addressed. First run at a new sight will always have a few minor glitches. This was one of the few. After spending yesterday riding around with some of the organizers, I know they are aware of things and will be working on them.

I don't think you have to worry about this for the Jubilee. The camping and VIP areas are going to be set up in a different manner.

There were definitely issues with the VIP. I confirm what Herdy said, we were on "lockdown" till noon. Which kept you from seeing the late night\early morning music on the Grass Roots stage, completely unacceptable for a $450 ticket.

Now, that was due to the VIP cabs being shut down. I never did hear exactly why they shut them down but they where indeed stopped. Problem was the path from VIP to the rest of the festival went right through the venue area, so when they shut the venue area down the only way to get through to the other side where the cabs. No cabs=no access to the rest of the festival. They HAVE to do something about that, adding another path in and out I believe would cure that. They didn't let me take my bike through either, which bummed me out.

The path from the street to VIP camping passed right through the artist and staff area as well, which probably sucked for a lot of folks because they quit letting people into VIP on Friday...period! If you didn't make it Thursday you were hosed!

Just saw your post Rob, good to hear that, I figured something would have to be done about it, you just can't lock people in like that.

• Advisory Board

I

I thought it was set up and run very well.

From your view point, it probably was... But from the fans prospective, that isn't what I heard at all.. The artist/staff -ALL ACCESS- area's are going to be alot different then those of us in the "riff-raff" sections...

The powers at be are aware of the VIP access situation. It will be addressed. First run at a new sight will always have a few minor glitches. This was one of the few. After spending yesterday riding around with some of the organizers, I know they are aware of things and will be working on them.

I don't think you have to worry about this for the Jubilee. The camping and VIP areas are going to be set up in a different manner.

Thanks pal!! I appreciate the information! Enjoy your short break!!! :):herdy:

• Forum MVP

I did not go to All Good but I had several family members go. Everyone was saying the same things. They were "locked down" till noon. The "free cabs" didn't run most of the time and when they did they were getting $5 a head. Some of my people walked and they said it took a good 45 min. to walk all around. I heard of folks who went to the Grassroots stage to enjoy late night music were " locked out" of their own campsite Folks were being yelled at for walking around the VIP area with beer. Police and security were spending a lot of time in the VIP area using it as a base of some sort looking into tents and cars with no reason at all. I even heard of security entering a persons tent while they were asleep. I know All Good was HUGE and we should only see a fraction of those numbers at the Jubilee. I just know that the same company that put on all good is also doing the Jubilee and I don't want ANYTHING I heard about going on at the Jubilee. The group of us are worried after the way our family was treated. DSO is my favorite band and this is the only fest I am going to do this year so I hope all the problems are addressed.

I would like to see the changes on a map. We also have an RV parking permit but the RV area was a mess for what I was told.

I loved Buckeye Lake back in the day. The last time I was at this place was 1999 at a High Times fest. I meat Arlo Guthrie there. I have good memories of the place and I want to make more with DSO and my Starhead family. Yes when I say family that includes that Jackass we all know ;)

I hope all this VIP stuff is straightened out. I'm counting the day till the Jubilee

Meet you all there :) :) :)

Trying to get this all straight. Haven't been to there in 10 years. If you are in the VIP you can expdect to be locked in that area until noon? The security is actually stricter in the vip area ( drinking etc)? What are the benefits here? I don't know the layout of the venue and I am trying to figure out what is best Thanks!

I actually got in touch directly with someone from Walther Productions.

He said that the issue of coming and going at all good will not exist for Jubilee and that you can come and go as you wish at any time.

When I asked about golf carts, he did not answer directly, rather said the stages will be side by side ( I haven't been to fest there, so no idea why this is relevant). Anyway, the overall attitude seems to be they realize there were major mistakes and they are making sure to fix for Jubilee.

If anyone has any other info on making the choice between vip and general, would greatly appreciate!

As this is a "new" fest, not sure anyone can advise between VIP and general. All Good was new to the venue and some initial growing pains should be expected. That being said, sounds like there were some MAJOR issues which I would have found unacceptable. Not being able to see music you paid for (VIP or not), and not being able to get to my campsite no matter what time of day or night is crazy and I would expect some sort of compensation or at least a very quick resolution.

Sounds like management is handling the Jubilee a bit differently than the All Good- I'm guessing because they are expecting alot less people. Being billed as a family event, much smaller than All Good, relaxed rules (compared to AllGood), makes me feel a bit better about how the first Jubilee will go down as compared the the first AllGood.

I would like to see some more information coming from management, they have been pretty quiet since they posted the FAQ's over a month ago. Almost no info on the website, no site map, no directions- some pretty basic info is missing. I had contacted them before any info was posted and they replied very quickly. I'm sure they are still working out the details, hopefully they learned a bunch from putting on the AllGood. I've been involved in a couple of festivals from the beginning, and growing pains have to be expected. But sometimes that is part of the fun (sometimes not so much :))

Really looking forward to the Jubilee- had a couple of my favorite Dead shows there at Buckeye in 88' and 92'. Be kind and cool and everything will work out just fine.

The fact that you can bring booze & drinks into the stage area from your campsite really reflects that this should be a lot cooler then any of the bigger festival scenes. Really looking forward to this event and can't wait to hear what the band is going to deliver!

See you there :friends:

Archived