Terrapin !

Mango

i dont post much any more, but dead head mike can be very persuasive in that direction :) i just wanted to make sure i shared how truly lucky i am to have you all in my life and that i was able to share this wonderful experience of dso with phil on my birthday. it will be a birthday to remember and i dont think many in the future will be able to top it! 

my trip started off a little rough. there was news of winter storm walda hitting denver and the snow estimations were looking ominous. initial estimates i was seeing were 5-8 inches on monday night and 10-16 inches on tuesday. no way was my flight mid-day on tuesday going to be able to make it out in that!! so i spent the better part of a day frantically trying to switch my flight to monday afternoon. united was extremely UNaccomodating, so i just bit the bullet and bought another flight. no way was i missing this event. on the way to the airport there was tons of traffic and the people in line at security were taking FOREVER. it seemed like they all had never been to an airport before. so frustrating as i was still in line for security when my boarding pass said boarding had already started. i race to the train to take me to my terminal and wouldnt you know it, the train BRAKES DOWN in between terminals, the power sits down, and we are all stuck underground with no way of getting out. by this point im about to freak out on someone, but luckily i was able to hold my tongue. eventually we were rescued. i get to the gate just as my plane is supposed to take off only to find out my flight has been delayed. i was glad i didnt miss it, but worried i ight miss my layover in vegas. long story short, i made my connection by the skin of my teeth and was picked up just on time in oakland. my trip went a lot smoother from here on out. but i think all of these trials and tribulations made the joy of the show that much sweeter.

i want to thank bobby and ellen, aaron, and noah and riley for their hospitality. you all help cali feel like a second home, and not like a short vacation out west :) i also want to thank everyone else that went out of their way to celebrate my birthday with me. i really do cherish having you all in my life, you all know who you are. the joy erupting from my heart was overwhelming. i also want to thank barraco   and the band for the birthday wishes, i was definitely not expecting that, but it did make me smile so big, espescially the 19 year old joke. i dont know if i ever want to be 19 again.. i kinda like being older and wiser :)   the first set was phenomenal and we found some okay dance space over on the left. i guess a lot of other people liked the space too, because it soon disappeared! the one critique i have about the crossroads is that i always feel like its too crowded and too hot. i think i sweated off 10 pounds!! during the second set i stepped outside and found some fabulous dance space right by the door in the crisp cali air. the sound outside was great AND i got to spend some quality time with weinke! i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of dancers i saw, im pretty sure dso swept them right into a dancing frenzy, leaving no thought or time for standing and dancing. dso is great like that! after the show is was great to spent the midnight hours with some great friends and reflect on the great show we were blessed enough to see. unfortunately work is an ugly beast in my life and so our trip ended wednesday when we traveled back to colorado and back to the grind i went.

much love to everyone i saw at the crossroads and to everyone that is still on the road - have fun :) see you all again soon!

• Forum MVP

i dont post much any more, but dead head mike can be very persuasive in that direction :) i just wanted to make sure i shared how truly lucky i am to have you all in my life and that i was able to share this wonderful experience of dso with phil on my birthday. it will be a birthday to remember and i dont think many in the future will be able to top it! 

my trip started off a little rough. there was news of winter storm walda hitting denver and the snow estimations were looking ominous. initial estimates i was seeing were 5-8 inches on monday night and 10-16 inches on tuesday. no way was my flight mid-day on tuesday going to be able to make it out in that!! so i spent the better part of a day frantically trying to switch my flight to monday afternoon. united was extremely UNaccomodating, so i just bit the bullet and bought another flight. no way was i missing this event. on the way to the airport there was tons of traffic and the people in line at security were taking FOREVER. it seemed like they all had never been to an airport before. so frustrating as i was still in line for security when my boarding pass said boarding had already started. i race to the train to take me to my terminal and wouldnt you know it, the train BRAKES DOWN in between terminals, the power sits down, and we are all stuck underground with no way of getting out. by this point im about to freak out on someone, but luckily i was able to hold my tongue. eventually we were rescued. i get to the gate just as my plane is supposed to take off only to find out my flight has been delayed. i was glad i didnt miss it, but worried i ight miss my layover in vegas. long story short, i made my connection by the skin of my teeth and was picked up just on time in oakland. my trip went a lot smoother from here on out. but i think all of these trials and tribulations made the joy of the show that much sweeter.

i want to thank bobby and ellen, aaron, and noah and riley for their hospitality. you all help cali feel like a second home, and not like a short vacation out west :) i also want to thank everyone else that went out of their way to celebrate my birthday with me. i really do cherish having you all in my life, you all know who you are. the joy erupting from my heart was overwhelming. i also want to thank barraco   and the band for the birthday wishes, i was definitely not expecting that, but it did make me smile so big, espescially the 19 year old joke. i dont know if i ever want to be 19 again.. i kinda like being older and wiser :)   the first set was phenomenal and we found some okay dance space over on the left. i guess a lot of other people liked the space too, because it soon disappeared! the one critique i have about the crossroads is that i always feel like its too crowded and too hot. i think i sweated off 10 pounds!! during the second set i stepped outside and found some fabulous dance space right by the door in the crisp cali air. the sound outside was great AND i got to spend some quality time with weinke! i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of dancers i saw, im pretty sure dso swept them right into a dancing frenzy, leaving no thought or time for standing and dancing. dso is great like that! after the show is was great to spent the midnight hours with some great friends and reflect on the great show we were blessed enough to see. unfortunately work is an ugly beast in my life and so our trip ended wednesday when we traveled back to colorado and back to the grind i went.

much love to everyone i saw at the crossroads and to everyone that is still on the road - have fun :) see you all again soon!

My little Brother Rick is a lucky lucky fellow to have such a Beautiful Lady in his life !!! ... I'll be counting the seconds , minutes , hours and days till we all dance together again !!!

Archived