Port Chester Night 2

redeyedbert

I wasn't there but I listened to it on the stream.  I think this is all of it.  

Original

Cold rain and snow
New minglewood
Ramble on rose
Black throated wnd
Cumberland blues
Hurts me too (Lisa)
Greatest story
Simple twist of fate
Feel like a stranger
Deal

Shakedown (not sure if this is set opener i was on the road)
Women are smarter
Terrapin
Unbroken chain (skip vocals sounds great)
Druns
Space
Viola
Morning dew

E
Werewolves

Stream sounded great.  Skip sounded great.  Only complaint was how loud the talkers were during Simple Twist of Fate.  Good news last night is it was loud show, and most of the time it was to loud to hear them.  

• Forum MVP

Whoa! I was fortunate enough to have been at the Cap Theater last night and this show was killer start to finish. You got that set list right, TomW. The band was highly energized and completely "on" right from the very first notes of Cold Rain. Highlights are too numerous to mention, but I really loved the Simple Twist, Stranger, Deal to end the first set and Lisa sure wailed on Hurts me Too!! Eaton was playing like a mad man all night. And the Viola Dew second set ender was absolutely off the hook! Skip sounded great on basss and vocals (ah, that Unbroken Chain!) and I really really loved this show!!

• Forum MVP

RB said to me that the Cap was the 2nd best sounding venue he ever played in his life, the first being Red Rocks.

That sums it up pretty well. Just an amazing 2 night run. That Deal was the best I've ever heard. Mattson out in front of the stage going off, windmills included. Went up front for the Viola > Dew. Goodness gracious was that combo outer worldly! Skip was killing it! In addition to the sound, the light show in that theatre was absolutely stunning. See ya on the playground. Peace.

Archived