How do you post a link on this board ?

the highway terror

• Forum MVP

I don't have the pasting issues you do but you can try to see if this works.

When you click on the space where you post, you should see what looks like a toolbar above the posting area.  If it's greyed out, there is what looks like a light switch in the upper left-hand corner of the toolbar.  Click on it, it and should activate the functions.

If you want to post a link, look in the second row of the toolbar and you will see what looks like a chain-link with a little plus sign below it.  if you click on it, it should pop-up a window where you can paste the URL for the link you would like to share.

If you want to post a picture:  Look in the 2nd row of the toolbar and find the button that looks like a picture of a tree.  Clicking on that will pop-up a window to paste the location of the picture you want to share.  To get a pictures URL location, right-click on the image and select properties.  This will display the URL address of the picture which you can then copy into the URL box that pops up when you press the 'picture of a tree button'. 

Theres a bunch of other stuff you can do but I'm not smart enough to figure it out :)  I hope this helps THT!

When you say "It won't let you" do you get a error msg or what? What are you trying to link to? There are some file types that are not allowed for security reasons.

If the toolbar is "greyed Out" click the the Toggle BBC Button.  If you point the cursor at the buttons it tells you what they are for.

This link I pasted directly here: http://www.dsoforums.net/forum/ccs_files/KnowledgeBase/Posting/toolbar.png

This I pasted using Hyperlink button  Using this feature you enter the text you want to show, highlight it then click the link button.

This I pasted using the Image button

toolbar.png

Archived