Ashland

GratefulKate13

I sped all the way from California, driving my friend's SUV wondering what was wrong with me that I needed to see this show. I had been told it was going to be a great one and that had been the little convincing I needed, but in the 6 hours before showtime I grew weary. As I walked inside and the band didn't start right on time as they usually do, I calmed and settled into my space warming up to the place as I munched down some curry.

I was so glad I ate, because the show that followed was one of the most psychedelic and extraordinary shows I've seen maybe ever, but definitely lately. It was one of those nights that they clearly played a great set list, a whole ton of songs, but it was about the goofy and inspiring mayhem deep within the songs that took away my breath.

My head spun with the spiraling instrumentals and a tornado of sound eased over the room. The lighting perfectly reflected the music and left the impression of the early 70's. The band smiled like the night was an inside joke to them, and the laughter was mutual. On and on the setlist carried us through the evening and by the time the guys and Lisa left the stage I thought that the crowd might stomp through the floor requesting an encore. I loved this show, you all have to listen to it, and as usual I can't wait for more!

A great night, a great show, thank you!

Archived