Ithaca

just a dream

11/17/72.   I really enjoyed the twisty, raw energy 20 or so minute Other One, with Brokedown Palace appearing in its ashes.  Wonderful show!  Other highlights, for me, were Skip and Lisa singing Box of Rain, Bird Song, Cumberland Blues opened up very nicely, and soulful versions of He's Gone and Uncle John's Band, which matched up well with a music-focused, non-talking crowd, and a great venue and city!

11/17/72 Wichita, KS aka Dave's Picks vol. 11! And Ithaca does rock! The band had to do a special show for Ithaca and they came through big time with the classic Wichita '72 show! Highlights were Tennessee Jed, Bird Song, Box of Rain, China>Rider, He's Gone, and a MONSTER Truckin'>The Other One. The jamming in Truckin'>The Other One was retarded good...at one point they had a creepy, Tim Burton-esque jam going on...really unusual/awesome! The whole experience was great and I definitely encourage everyone to come out to Ithaca next time!

I second that emotion T-roll. What an amazing treat to see Daves Picks 11, and what a perfect place to perform it! Very laid back venue and just a spectacular time. The 16 song first set ... soooo titty! TOO jam was out of this world. Love me them cowboy tunes and we got plenty - love that big river especially :) Great trip to Ithaca ... now looking forward to the annual pre-Thanksgiving Penn's Peak show. Expecting something outragious as always to celebrate the holiday :)

Archived