Kidd Candelario

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

We raised over 75,000 for Eatons wrist. I don’t see any reason we wouldn’t support Kidd’s recovery. He suffered 3 small strokes in the past week. He has lost a large amount of his physical movement on the left side of his body. His recovery will take quite sometime. They only asking for a goal of 50,000. Our community should shatter that for Kidd. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-and-rehabilitation-support-for-kidd

• Like (+1) 4

I hate to say this but where are the remaining GD members on this one? Bobby, Phil, Mickey and Billy have made more money in the last 5-10 years then they did the entire time as members of the greatest band ever! Without Kidd and his loyalty, today's fortunes might not be? They should jump to his side and get this done...they wouldn't even notice a change in their bank accounts..!!! C'mon man!

Feel better Kidd...you were an integral cog in the wheel helping the GD machine roll along! 

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Weather Command said:

I hate to say this but where are the remaining GD members on this one? Bobby, Phil, Mickey and Billy have made more money in the last 5-10 years then they did the entire time as members of the greatest band ever!

It's a fair point. Note that "Annabelle Garcia" is listed as a $2,000 donor. Hmmm...

Also note that while Betty gets more publicity for the kind 70s recordings, Kidd was at the helm of the 2-track reel to reel for some of the greatest shit ever put to tape.  

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I feel you Bix. I can’t concern myself with what they do with their money. Maybe they have given support we don’t know about. Maybe not...

I do know that Kidd was integral to Grateful Dead for many years and this, integral to our community for many years. We as a community should do our part to support him. 

• Like (+1) 1