Catskill Mountain Jubilee #1

Tea

• Forum MVP

10/17/1970 -Cleveland Music Hall

Set 1: Casey Jones ; China Cat Sunflower > rain delay > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider ; Me And My Uncle ; It Hurts Me Too ; Truckin' ; Cryptical Envelopment > The Other One > Cryptical Envelopment ; Sugar Magnolia ; Candyman ; Hard To Handle 

Set 2: Good Lovin' > drums > Good Lovin' ; Cold Rain And Snow ; Dark Star > Saint Stephen > Not Fade Away > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Not Fade Away > Turn On Your Lovelight 

Encore: Uncle John's Band

Show Notes
Rain delay of 1.5 hours in the middle of China Cat Sunflower. The show resumed where it left off and was played in full.
  • Like (+1) 3

This show was fun. Excitement running high seeing the early style stage setup, figured we were in for a treat, and we were right. The band came out swinging with Casey Jones and half of China Cat, stopping abruptly and telling us to all seek shelter. Uh oh 😳😳. The rain delay was enjoyably  spent in a little pondside gazebo, and really didn’t really get too weird, considering. It rained hard and we had a nice lightning show. Upon returning to the sounds of the band getting tuned back up, we took up residence behind the soundboard. We had plenty of space, although people were all walking thru trying to find their spot and despite the general weirdness of the rain delay, we had fun.

Back to the campsite (it was close) to fortify ourselves, and to our pleasure and surprise, it looked like many people decided to stay at their camp for set two, at least in our area. Second set came on like “normal”, the screwy rain delay headspace I think we all occupied was gone, and we proceeded to get it done, band and dancers. The entire second set was killer. Such a luxury to camp and not have to leave, we went back to camp, some snacks and drinks, milled around, 3am cold shower (evidently they shut off the hot water at night 🥶), got to sleep around 5, overall it was a splendid time 😃

• Like (+1) 5