3/12 Portland, ME (Night 2)

NorthEast

Elective

Hell In A Bucket ; West L.A. Fadeaway ; Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again ; Dire Wolf ; Hey Pocky Way ; My Brother Esau ; Stagger Lee ; Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues ; You Never Can Tell (C'est La Vie) > Let It Grow

Foolish Heart > Corrina > Saint Stephen > Hey Jude > drums > space > Going Down The Road Feeling Bad > Throwing Stones > Stella Blue > One More Saturday Night

Encore: Keep Your Day Job

Again, I was not in attendance but feel obligated to post as these shows were up my way. I had a very different musical experience last night with Gladys Knight and my grandfather ❤.

See you down the road in DC ☺
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
13 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Your grandfather is a pip? So cool. Thanks, Northeast. Looks like a latter day set list except for never can tell and St. Stephen. See you at the Anthem. 

Not quite, and Gladys was performing with the ladies and the concert wasn't billed as Gladys Knight and the pips. More like the Jerryettes... as an old friend calls the ladies of JGB. Grampy is simply a romantic and her music holds incredible meaning for him and my late grandmother. 57 years of marriage & a love for music that was shared! Doesn't get much better than that. I am trying to get him to a local dso show or melvin and jgb next time they come our way... He loves JGB. He had the local VFW add the dead and JGB the jukebox after I played both for him.He is worried there won't be a place to sit as he enjoys hearing my stories of DSO shows and all the dancing and desire for space, so he has an idea of what audience set up is. We will make it happen though. I could set him up in a seated area and venture back n forth ☺

• Like (+1) 1