2022/03/19 - Ellicotville, NY

Tea

• Forum MVP

1969-04-25 - Kinetic Playground + Elective

Set 1: Hard To Handle ; Doin' That Rag ; Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ; Morning Dew ; Sittin' On Top Of The World ; Turn On Your Lovelight 

Set 2: Dancing In The Street ; It Hurts Me Too ; In The Midnight Hour ; Dark Star > Saint Stephen > The Eleven > Viola Lee Blues 

Show Notes
First set was GD show, second set was elective.
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Don't forget another Frozen Logger teaser (1st verse) done during Tuning waiting for Rob B. mic to turn on.  One hundred thousand tons of Pigpen dropped on to the parking lot of Holiday Valley to go along with a couple tons of rain.  Place was a slop fest.  In hind sight VIP would have Definitely been the way to go.  Tent for the rain and bathrooms that weren't surrounded by 25 yards of quick sand mud.  The band delivered 4 sure.  1st set Dew was upbeat and mind blowing.  Rob B. and Lisa belted out the pigpen tunes with extra salty Blues.  Lisa shined on the harmonica too.  Lovelight in the 1st set was a surprise too but due to the format fit in perfectly.  Rob  B. had some awesome "Wait a Minute!" moments.  The Dark Star-->--> end of the show was an extraordinarily out of this world magnificently wonderful spectacular medley.  Venue might have to work on some logistics if they have another festival.   Looked like they shuttled people in from a mile or so away.  A lot of people decided to walk which made the main road packed with people walking like they were going to mecca.  Luckily I arrived at the butt crack of dawn to ski the mountain so I got parking right in the lot near the festival which was a lifesaver going back to the car between bands and thunderstorms.  Awesome town Ellicotville is.  And this guy from PA was dumbfounded to know cannabis is legal in NY and there are dispensaries on every corner.  I 🖤NY.

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 4