Information on Dark Star Jubilee 2023

Redlegger

Long time Deadhead (63) looking for message board information on the Jubilee. Wanting to treat my 20 year old kids (3) . I have a Pop-up . Have attended Lockn several times , find myself needing to sit down , which I do not mind doing in a crowd . Marathons did my knees in . I'd like folks' thoughts that have attended on VIP , never have done but I'm ready to step up and VIP RV camping with Pop-up. Distances to walk , etc. Is there power hook-up in VIP ?  Can you take chairs in VIP ?  Also it looks like tickets need to be purchased today March 7th for a price break. Can anyone confirm that ? Thanks guys I'll hang up and listen.

Edited by Redlegger

• Forum MVP

There’s no power hookups for RV’s. The walk from vip RV to the stage is around 500 feet paved. You can put chairs up behind the dance crowd or on the VIP deck. You’re super close everywhere. Minimal walking. BYOB. Bring a cooler of beer to the stage. Very chill and laid back. The VIP viewing area is behind the crowd. I don’t tbink it really offers much besides the water cooler and partial covered area in case it starts Down pouring. Make sure you get a VIP ticket for everyone in the RV and 1 RV vip pass. Everyone needs vip tix to get to the RV in vip. 

cheers

P.S. GA RV is around a 1000 foot walk to the stage with probably a 100 foot vertical climb vs a 50 foot for vip rv. 

Your kids will love it. It’s fantastic. As long as you don’t punch anyone you won’t get in trouble. There are no arrests during the fest. No undercovers. It’s not like Bonnaroo where they work with cops to feed the police budget via 500 annual arrests. I remember 1 year someone had a 5 foot bong walking around at the rail lol. Year 1 and 2 there was also a topless chick. That’s definitely encouraged but not mandatory of course. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
17 hours ago, Redlegger said:

Thanks so much for the quick response . With no power , can you have a generator for short term use ? 

You aren’t supposed to have an external generator that’s not connected to the RV. Not sure if that’s enforced or not, but some of those create a lot of noise pollution 

• 1 month later...

Seems the information is pretty much limited to the Jubilee website , love to hear more about the set-up , benefits of VIP and VIP RV , and whether with a pop-up I can get away with a quiet generator for temporary use,  from those with past experiences . Thanks .