Skull and Roses

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

October 15th 1976

Started off pretty mellow. They were dealing with issues with their monitors. They early song selection although screaming 76.  Called that on the first song.  By the it's all over now, I was feeling October 76. I like June and July 76 setlists more and I am more familiar them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Show was too late to watch last night so jammed with coffee this morning on the replay. Sounded great at home. You could hear all instruments perfectly. That’s imperative for home listening. Too many of the other bands had the rhythm get lost in the mix but not with dso. 

watched a lot of dead from this fest and there are lots of fun bands, but DSO’s level of interplay between all the members is at such a high level. There are no weak links and you can tell they are a full time band. The biggest difference to me is with the percussion section.  Dino and Koritz are so fantastic and tight with perfect clean sound and you have the best dead keyboardist in the land with Barraco filling out the group. Luckily skip was on last night b/c from the home stream he was turned way up in the mix. He was awesome. Creative playing. If you were curious about playing dead bass, you could hear every note he picked.