Asheville

• Forum MVP

Glad you finally get a show, Doc. I miss  the super 8 days at black mountain. That one year I got us that mansion was also super fun, but the stress of filling up a $3000 rental wasn’t fun even though it all turned out great. We had like 15 or more people staying there and everyone had a bed lol. Mei mostly chilled in the master bedroom hot tub. That place was great and we were the 1st people to ever rent their summer home. And that kitchen was amazing. You and meili handled most of the cooking duties with Dr B grilling those salmon filets. We feasted and then we hit the farmers market and did it all again the next day. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Super 8 used to be very cool before your time rude. Psychedelic dance Fest till the sun came up. The last couple years I was there it was more of a drunken powder Fest and haven't been back since. I miss the days of the like-minded tight-nit community

Doc I meant to call you yesterday to see if you were ok with all the weather coming through your way. Happy you are well. Enjoy the shows. We won't be there, Lexi (shih zhu) operated on last week. She's good but needs blood test every other day for about another week.

• Forum MVP

There was a good group of like minded individuals at the jubilee this year. Black Mountain was definitely a special time. I miss the ledges the most. But good things come and good things go. Always more memories to make and more good times to come. Peak still has some of that old school like minded vibe.

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Brian NJ said:

Penn's Peak was great and seemed like old times😀

If it wasn’t the day before thanksgiving, we’d have gone at least once, but we have 2 different family dinners so we’ve never attended. If it was 2 shows on Tuesday and Wednesday we’d be like “hey family. We will be there a bit late Thursday”

Lots of fun tonight

Elective

1st set

Alabama Getaway

Greatest story

Loose Lucy

Cassidy

Tom thumb blues

Lay down sally

Lazy lightning

Lazy river rd*

Feel like a Stranger 

*Salvage station is on Riverside Dr.

Edited by Direwolf919
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tom Banjo said:

There was a good group of like minded individuals at the jubilee this year. Black Mountain was definitely a special time. I miss the ledges the most. But good things come and good things go. Always more memories to make and more good times to come. Peak still has some of that old school like minded vibe.

The ledges were the best! Jubilee sounded like fun but not a fan of rocks and I've never been one to go to shows for the party. Even when I was into "partying". 

My loss sounds like it was great. Now if we can get the rug people onboard maybe...