Ben Harper and the Blind Boys ...

kdubfan

• Forum MVP

I have been a HUGE Ben Harper fan since 94. This man was sent from heaven for sure. I have seen him many times. He is so powerful. Sent from god ! Folk, Blues, Rock, Reggae, Gospel, Funk, Soul, he is a beautiful mix..... ENJOY

watch this video http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...videoid=4236121

find some more of his stuff its all different!

and please check out his web site www.benharper.net

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Thank You !!!

ben3.jpg

Guest jamesr

GRTUD was at the superjam at Bonnaroo this year and turned me on to the youtubes of it. I LOVE rock and roll and Ben Harper can WAIL.

How about a Ben Harper vs Robert Randolph throwdown???

He's great, too!

Guest Elizabeth

I used to listen to Ben Harper all the time.. I can't believe its been so long since I listened.. I've got to get back on the ben harper kick

• Forum MVP

Harper has one of the most beautiful and powerful voices around. I just wish he would play more of that dirty lap guitar of his. If you've never heard God Fearing Man live.........oh boy are you missing out. Left me just floored the two times I was able to catch it. Have only seen him once since 2001 and have not seen him since he expanded his group from just him, Juan(bass) and the drumms and percussion. Also, Juan Nelson absolutely rips the bass. Easily one of the funkiest bass players out there (no pun intended).

Has anyone seen him recently with his band? Everytime he has come around recently, I have not been able to go.

• Forum MVP
Harper has one of the most beautiful and powerful voices around. I just wish he would play more of that dirty lap guitar of his. If you've never heard God Fearing Man live.........oh boy are you missing out. Left me just floored the two times I was able to catch it. Have only seen him once since 2001 and have not seen him since he expanded his group from just him, Juan(bass) and the drums and percussion. Also, Juan Nelson absolutely rips the bass. Easily one of the funkiest bass players out there (no pun intended).

Has anyone seen him recently with his band? Every time he has come around recently, I have not been able to go.

The last time I saw him was last summer doing the both sides of the gun tour in Indy. It ROCKED!

I found some recent video clips on attblueroom.com and boy has his band gotten tight! I just got tickets to see him on Sept. 7 in Indy again, 5th fuckin row seats !!!! I am counting the hours till the show already. I think the most powerful show I seen was 2002 at Deer Creek he was with String Cheese and he played solo

• Forum MVP
The last time I saw him was last summer doing the both sides of the gun tour in Indy. It ROCKED!

I found some recent video clips on attblueroom.com and boy has his band gotten tight! I just got tickets to see him on Sept. 7 in Indy again, 5th fuckin row seats !!!! I am counting the hours till the show already. I think the most powerful show I seen was 2002 at Deer Creek he was with String Cheese and he played solo

• 4 months later...
Guest chefmax

ok so...funny story here...random but pertinent to your thread.

the other night on the way to a DSO show, a buddy and I were listening to BH & tBBoA (sorry, I'm lazy) sing Give a Man a Home...and I said, straight out of True Romance's opening bar scene..."ya know, I'm not gay at all and don't really find other guys attractive in the least...but if you put a gun to my head and MADE me fuck a guy....I'd fuck Ben Harper.." and my buddy spit/sprayed his beer all over my windshield.

"I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis."-Clarence Worley

um....anyway..................... :blush:

Guest Dancompany

I just learned about him yesterday, I really like his performances I have heard online. I am going to have to get some of his music very soon!

Call me crazy if you want, I think he would do great with Dave Matthews on a song together. Just Ben and Dave nobody else, stripped down soft acoustic guitars and melodies. B)

• 2 years later...
  • Forum MVP

A very beautiful song song by Ben Harper with harmonies by The Blind Boys of Alabama....I don't want to take anything away from the smooth soft sound of that cut but another aspect of this music is when the Blind Boys get to Rock'n and sing'n Gosple like the divil's in the church and we're go'n run him out and down the river...this group of eighty year old men can put on a show that will wear you out with their Energy....stuff that will make Chuck spin and turn flips too.

Peace, Love, Powerful Music, and a Little Soul

Doc

• Forum MVP

There was actually a vidoe made of Harper and the Blind Boys at Radio City. I taped the whole concert when it was on TV(either PBS or Ovation network). In any event, it is absolutely amazing. To take Ben's soul and heartfelt lyric and combine that with the Gospel of the Blind Boys, amazing doesn't do it justice. i would highly recommend looking for that DVD. YOu will not be disappointed.

I saw him open up for Pearl Jam in 1998 maybe 1999???. He stole the show! Closed his set with a Voodoo Child Slight Return. Fuckin shit was crazy! Hendrix was smiling down that night. Pearl Jam was good that night too, but I left thinking more about how good Ben Harper was.

Archived