NORVA

HaveYouEverSmoked

my brother and i drove down to norfolk from charlottesville. we thought were going to be pushed for time but we made it to the norva before the opening stoner, i mean band, jesse chong band, started. the venue was pretty cool besides the fact that there was no re-entry. hearing about the norva's strict policies on herb made me leave a monster doob in my hotel room at the radison for intermission.

as for the show i believe it was a 76 show. This is a very rough setlist. my memory is not all there for various reasons.

Set I:

Promised land

Sugaree

El Paso

Peggy O

LLR,

Row Jimmy,

Around and Around

Loser,

Dancing in the Streets

Set II:

Samson and Delilah

Estimated Prophet

Terrapin Station

Playing in the band

Uncle Johns Band

Drums

Space

?

?

?

Filler: How Sweet it is

it was a pretty standard smokin 70's show. highlights for me personally had to be Looks Like Rain first and foremost. Senator Eaton blew me away as usual. Peggy O was extremely unexpected but John reminded me of why it is one of my favorites. Terrapin was Terrapin.Show flowed real well overall. This band is so fun to see. 4 hours in the car but it was worth every second. Got to talk to Senator Eaton and John briefly after the show and actually received one of Dino's drumstick as a souvenir. I think i might have slept it with it last night. Awesome time was had. I was hoping for a So Many Roads filler but theres always the richmond show....on monday

• Forum MVP

One of two nights in the balcony of the lovely Fox in Hotlanta that were part of a mighty fine month. It was one of the best Sugarees ever, and the Loser stole our faces. The next day we had to drop out of tour to go back and graduate from college on the 22nd. Damn obligations... B)

Guest crazy digits
my brother and i drove down to norfolk from charlottesville. we thought were going to be pushed for time but we made it to the norva before the opening stoner, i mean band, jesse chong band, started. the venue was pretty cool besides the fact that there was no re-entry. hearing about the norva's strict policies on herb made me leave a monster doob in my hotel room at the radison for intermission.

as for the show i believe it was a 76 show. This is a very rough setlist. my memory is not all there for various reasons.

Set I:

Promised land

Sugaree

El Paso

Peggy O

LLR,

Row Jimmy,

Around and Around

Loser,

Dancing in the Streets

Set II:

Samson and Delilah

Estimated Prophet

Terrapin Station

Playing in the band

Uncle Johns Band

Drums

Space

?

?

?

it was a pretty standard smokin 70's show. highlights for me personally had to be Looks Like Rain first and foremost. Senator Eaton blew me away as usual. Peggy O was extremely unexpected but John reminded me of why it is one of my favorites. Terrapin was Terrapin.Show flowed real well overall. This band is so fun to see. 4 hours in the car but it was worth every second. Got to talk to Senator Eaton and John briefly after the show and actually received one of Dino's drumstick as a souvenir. I think i might have slept it with it last night. Awesome time was had. I was hoping for a So Many Roads filler but theres always the richmond show....on monday

dude, you have lost your drumsticks, I mean marbles

This is the one and only inside out Uncle John's - they actually start the song with the first line of the 3rd Chorus (Who oh what I want to know....) and then bring it back to the beginning of the song. It seemed perfect at the time.

Good Call!!! It seems so perfect especially in that conext of the Playin' Sammich. This also includes the perfect Wheel; the right tempo and balance of the three voices. (for me)

Terrapin>Playin>UJB>Drums>Wheel>China Doll>Playin.

My copy is briefly spliced to an audience recording for about twenty seconds during the first verse of China Doll.

btw: (about the rest of the thread) i had a feeling about you and that drumstick

• Forum MVP

1: Promised, Sugaree> El Paso, Peggy-O, L. L. Rain, Row Jimmy, Passenger, Loser, Dancin

2: Samson, Ramble On, Estimated, Terrapin> Playin> Uncle John> Drums> Wheel> China Doll> Playin

this show is incredible. the China Doll and Uncle John are absolutely legendary...China Doll does not conclude with the LA LA la la la la la, but a second JUST A LITTLE NERVOUS FROM THE FALL ... just amazing. ..awesome that DSO brought this classic one out !!!

• Forum MVP

Set I:

Promised land

Sugaree

El Paso

Peggy O

LLR,

Row Jimmy,

Around and Around

Loser,

Dancing in the Streets

Set II:

Samson and Delilah

Estimated Prophet

Terrapin Station

Playing in the band

Uncle Johns Band

Drums

Space

?

?

?

Much more importantly, How was the "doob"? Don't let the music get in the way of the WEED...

I enjoyed last night so much that I needed to hear it again today. luckily i found that archive.org had a stream of the same list from a show dso did back on 5/19/2003. i found myself listening to the china doll over and over.

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2003-05-19.shnf

there are no words to describe dso. its an obsession...especially for someone who didnt get the chance to see Jerry. my friends sometimes mess with me for "exclusively" listening to the dead but its worse than that. i often times listen to dso over the dead because thats what ive seen. so many good times at shows. so many laughs. hopefully so many roads on monday night. see all of you lucky ones in richmond. good night

All I can say is the sound was phenominal.I've never heard it sound so crisp and clean and pure.Not for fifteen years or more.I thought my tinnitus had been catching up to me.Every note of that show every chord every melody was pure and wonderful bliss.What a fantastic job you all do.If you need a break it's well deserved.I've never heard that club sound the way you made it that night.Fantastic job by all y'all.Wow.I really mean it.Never have I ever heard that place sound so good.Pure Crisp and Clean.Just Awesome.I could tell you were having a good time too.And that means alot.Healy was boppin too ... I saw him.Show was just great. :grouphug:

Archived