Masters '08

Dstone5553

• Forum MVP

I won some money today cause 3 people were willing to give me the whole field against Tiger--can you believe that? The whole field? I grew up watching Michael play in Chicago and I started to watch Tiger when he won his second US Amateur (he had already won 3 jr amateurs in a row by then!) and noticed many mental similarities he shared with Jordan--mostly, how he could elevate his game when he got angry and how things seemed to slow down for him during THE moment. Don't know how many were able to catch any of the Masters today but what I thought was interesting was how everyone talked about how frustrating a weekend this was for Tiger and how nothing dropped for him and what a failure it was---and with all of that, he finishes 2nd. Growing up in the 80s watching golf, you understood that for a guy to make a top ten finish was something. Tiger, however, has changed the way most people look at this game. Not just non sports fans, but sportswriters and golf fans. I can't think of any other athlete other than a Babe Ruth who's done that in such a dramatic way. There have been greats in all sports but it sure looks like all those things his father talked about, and was scorned for, were on the money.

Guest Thunder

cinderella story, out of nowhere...

to lead the pack...

carlhose.jpg

~

I think it's time for a little lesson about morality, and what it means to become a decent upstanding member of a society *ugh*:

Caddyshack_300x298.jpg

:567:

~come to Carl~

• Forum MVP
I won some money today cause 3 people were willing to give me the whole field against Tiger--can you believe that? The whole field? I grew up watching Michael play in Chicago and I started to watch Tiger when he won his second US Amateur (he had already won 3 jr amateurs in a row by then!) and noticed many mental similarities he shared with Jordan--mostly, how he could elevate his game when he got angry and how things seemed to slow down for him during THE moment. Don't know how many were able to catch any of the Masters today but what I thought was interesting was how everyone talked about how frustrating a weekend this was for Tiger and how nothing dropped for him and what a failure it was---and with all of that, he finishes 2nd. Growing up in the 80s watching golf, you understood that for a guy to make a top ten finish was something. Tiger, however, has changed the way most people look at this game. Not just non sports fans, but sportswriters and golf fans. I can't think of any other athlete other than a Babe Ruth who's done that in such a dramatic way. There have been greats in all sports but it sure looks like all those things his father talked about, and was scorned for, were on the money.

I also managed to pick up a few bucks with a similar wager :D

Guest darbysdad

I Am A Big Tiger Fan,But The Coverage Was Pathetic

It Was All About Tiger Not Winning And Not Enough About Immelman

But Tiger Is What Drives The Ratings And Therefore The Advertising Dollar

You should see he press he is receiving down south with his new "project":

http://www.google.com/search?q=tiger+woods...lient=firefox-a

Safe to say the locals there are not very appreciative of him and his development and what it is doing to the property values and zoning in that area.

:huh:

• Forum MVP

Agreed---I think Immelman, however, will be a future star in this sport so he will get his. But the coverage was ridiculous. Don't they realize that even though people out there love Tiger, they love golf more.

Guest Charles from Oregon

I had 2 different guys bet me 20 bucks that Tiger would win the Grand slam, Hah! I had to take that bet, That was a easy 40 bucks. Not a Tiger fan, but he is an awesome golfer, I wanted Brant Snedeker to win,. saw a show about him a few months ago, some PGA Tour profile, really down to earth and a Nashville boy, hope he wins a major this year. But when I was a kid Fred Couples was my guy, West coast boy.

To be honest had Tiger been anywhere near his game with the flat stick..he would have won the masters...He had a horrendus week with the putter and STILL finished alone in second...

I would have taken the field as well...but that bet in no where near a slam dunk in my opinion...

Even the best pros in the world know who the best golfer in the world is. Last week it was a kid named Trevor, next week it was a guy named Boo. Everybody wants to get a hold of that Tiger. Hold that Tiger, Hold that Tiger. Not a one can compare. Tiger Woods is the best.

Archived