He's Gone

Truckin'>Jam>The Other One> :o

Brokedown Palace

Sugar Magnolia

Uncle John's Band

(original encore) Johnny B. Goode

(filler)

U.S. Blues

Something tells me that they're still playing - haven't finished yet....Highlights in bold. The jam out of Truckin' into TOO was very, very good. I laughed, I cried, I stood up and cheered. Can they get better every year? Yes.

Hey, everyone.

I've been reading the forum for a while now, but finally decided to register.

That setlist from last night looks really nice (huge first set). I was hoping to catch an early 70s show at the Park West in Chicago this weekend, since they haven't done one there in a while; it looks like it may not happen, though. Did that China>Rider have the have the blues jam in the segueway, or was it not until '73 that the Dead started doing that?

• Forum MVP
Did that China>Rider have the have the blues jam in the segueway, or was it not until '73 that the Dead started doing that?

this blues jam you speak of is commonly called "Feelin Groovy Jam" (hands down my favorite part of the 73-74 shows) and was only played during 73-74. i seriously doubt dso played it during a 72 show (but i wouldnt mind :))

and welcome to the family!

this blues jam you speak of is commonly called "Feelin Groovy Jam" (hands down my favorite part of the 73-74 shows) and was only played during 73-74. i seriously doubt dso played it during a 72 show (but i wouldnt mind :))

That's what I thought. I'm actually a huge fan of China>Rider all the way around, from the early '70s (cool Bobby rhythm solos out of China; aformentioned "Feelin' Groovy Jam"), to the late '70s (slightly longer Rider arrangment; driving percussion), to the late '80s/early '90s (rave-up versions of Rider, with Jerry and Bobby belting out the vocals). It could be just my perception, but it's hard to find lackluster versions of that pairing.

Thanks for getting back to me.

whats really grate about this show is i was listening to Dicks Picks 23 on the way to madison earlier that day

they really nailed the 72' feel of the show

my highlight was sugaree...

hope someone posts this show soon, the first set was really smokin'!!!

THANKS FOR THE GRATE TIME DSO!

Guest Stu Levitan

And don't forget the great work done by Cam and Brian on sounds and sights. The show was a monster (how on earth do they rehease something like that sick TOO??), and the technical support was just as good. Sound was clear as a bell, and the sights ... well, there were things going on with those tapestries that I'm STILL trying to figure out.

And what would GD have done in the early days without Chuck Berry?

Yes, indeedy, a good time was had by all ...

• Forum MVP

the show is up on archive.org and rockin'! A nice sounding recording! Get downloadin' it.

Ya gotta love the tapers for making these shows available for those of us who couldn't attend!

((((((((((((((((((Thanks to ALL Tapers for ALL You Do!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Archived