John Fogerty & Grateful Dead

diggerlit

That was a bittersweet show! It is from GD's set for Bill Graham Memorial 11/3/91 in Golden Gate Park. Many performed that day (including Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Bobby McFerrin, Jackson Browne, Joe Satriani, Santana, Aaron Neville, Robin Williams, Journey, Tracey Chapman, CSNY, John Fogerty and Joan Baez). I don't remember who all sat in that day (besides John) I know CSNY did. I have a sbd of the show somewhere. Unfortunately my collection is in complete disarray.

• Forum MVP
That was a bittersweet show!... I have a sbd of the show somewhere. Unfortunately my collection is in complete disarray.

Damn. :( If you ever run across that one, I'd love to have a SB copy! I know myself, it takes a ton of discipline to keep all my live shows in order, by band and chronologically by date too. It's tough! Have a grate weekend everyone!~

• 3 months later...

Yes, it was a definately a bitteersweet show...I was there!!

I was cooking the graveyard shift at a Denny's-type restaurant, and I heard about the show on the radio that night. I called my G/F, and she picked me up around 6 AM. She drove us to Concord ( a 4 hour ride), where we caught the BART, then Muni bus to Polo fields.

We got there late, just as CSNY was playing. There were so many poeple!! We were mid-crowd, and was getting tired of standing. I asked my G/F to take me to the side, where I could sit down for awhile. I grabbed her beltloop, and we went through the crowd.

Suddenly, she said" Look Up"...we were front and center!! John Fogarty came out, and with the Dead behind him, ripped out a stellar Green River, amomg others.

Then she said" Now Turn Around"....I was in the front of an estimated 250,000 people!! WOW!!

Even though were got there late and missed about 1/2 the show, it was an amazing experience, to be sure.

Thankx,

Peace and Light...

Archived