Takoma Park 6/26

JK

Well, it started out as a beautiful day...

1st set: Garcia/Kahn acoustic duo set from 6/26/82 at the Warner Theater, Washington, DC (early show)

me on acoustic guitar, Topher Dunne playing acoustic string bass

Deep Elem Blues

Friend of the Devil

Dire Wolf

Simple Twist of Fate

Jack-A-Roe

I've Been All Around This World

Valerie (1st time played!)

Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie>

Ripple

Filler: Bird Song (w/ Katy Gaughan on frame drum)

2nd set: Firewheel

me on electric guitar, guitar synth, & loops, Katy Gaughan on djembe & percussion

Raga Jam

Complicated (a Poi Dog Pondering song)

Southbound Train (a Graham Nash song...dedicated to the victims of the Metro crash & their families)

In the middle of Southbound Train, the rain started. We were able to finish the song, and paused to see if it would blow over...not a chance! It turned into a torrential downpour, lasting a half hour. We quickly powered down as we discovered the gazebo was far from rainproof. Katy & some local guest drummers we had invited started up on the drums (no electricity needed!) and rocked it out for the folks who braved the rain. Possibly one of the best drum jams I have ever heard! We have a couple of videos from the Firewheel set that we'll figure out where to post & there are pictures up at facebook.com/katy.gaughan.

All in all, I had a great time...many thank you's to Dave Eisner for setting up show, Chris Colvin for doing sound, Kristen Arandt & Dahryl Lyons for drumming, everyone that came to see the show, & of course my beloved Katy!

Namaste, Tashi Delek, Peace!

-JK

Guest deadheadmike

Mother nature got a little crazy yesterday eve , sorry to have missed the drum jam , but we had a blast though and hope to do it again .

Thanks for a fun afternoon of grate music John !!!

Well, it started out as a beautiful day...

1st set: Garcia/Kahn acoustic duo set from 6/26/82 at the Warner Theater, Washington, DC (early show)

me on acoustic guitar, Topher Dunne playing acoustic string bass

Deep Elem Blues

Friend of the Devil

Dire Wolf

Simple Twist of Fate

Jack-A-Roe

I've Been All Around This World

Valerie (1st time played!)

Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie>

Ripple

Filler: Bird Song (w/ Katy Gaughan on frame drum)

2nd set: Firewheel

me on electric guitar, guitar synth, & loops, Katy Gaughan on djembe & percussion

Raga Jam

Complicated (a Poi Dog Pondering song)

Southbound Train (a Graham Nash song...dedicated to the victims of the Metro crash & their families)

In the middle of Southbound Train, the rain started. We were able to finish the song, and paused to see if it would blow over...not a chance! It turned into a torrential downpour, lasting a half hour. We quickly powered down as we discovered the gazebo was far from rainproof. Katy & some local guest drummers we had invited started up on the drums (no electricity needed!) and rocked it out for the folks who braved the rain. Possibly one of the best drum jams I have ever heard! We have a couple of videos from the Firewheel set that we'll figure out where to post & there are pictures up at facebook.com/katy.gaughan.

All in all, I had a great time...many thank you's to Dave Eisner for setting up show, Chris Colvin for doing sound, Kristen Arandt & Dahryl Lyons for drumming, everyone that came to see the show, & of course my beloved Katy!

Namaste, Tashi Delek, Peace!

-JK

Thanks for the show John, I had fun dancing in the rain :)

• Forum MVP

This was a blast until the rain came down. It was nice to see John continue a DSO tradition and recreate an entire show. It was also great to see Mike, Emily, and a few others I know make it out to the show. Thanks John

Thanks for a great night John!

The music was great from the Dark Star soundcheck throught the rain delay!

Got to chat with Toffer Dunn & impressed by his Bass playing.

You guys all really shined through the overcast DC night.

Any future dates with Toffer planned?

Always nice to catch starheads & hangout-Good time was had by all!

Keep rockin',

Rob

Archived