Jump to content

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    2,319
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    162

Everything posted by Ammagamalin Crew

  1. These drive in shows need to hit the road! I think it would be a great way to get out in the neighborhood and kindle the grateful dead spirit
  2. https://archive.org/details/gd1987-08-20.140236.UltraMatrix.sbd.cm.miller.flac1644 It's a really good show! Brent is in fine form especially on Row Jimmy. And both drummers are off the hook on Used to Love Her.
  3. Park West 8/20/87. First in line at 4am, by 6am there was a crowd of maybe 100 people lined up, got the rail, big boss man opener, china Ryder second set, stella, most peaceful place to be. Waist high stage we could drape our arms on , nothing but the band 5 feet away. End of rocky mountain tour for me , 12 hr drive up from Tempe two nights earlier. Then the long desert drive home through Utah and western Wyoming getting to Laramie. Gas was cheap, nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile and dream of the next show which was eel river in Humboldt with JGB acoustic and electric, 3 sets for $15.00. When's that time machine coming?
  4. Really nice Healy / Charlie Miller board of the 8/14/91. Crispy, chunky, into the dark with it
  5. Anything for today? This was the day off in 87 between Red Rocks and To Hell You Ride harmonic convergence shows
  6. makes me think of the song High Time
  7. 2020 the year of waiting for the refund to arrive instead of the tickets
  8. there goes the Robert E Lee could be applied to anyone losing something in life they cherished. Good literature applies to different contexts. I'm glad you brought this up. Jerry's TNTDODD has been rambling through my mind since all the destruction started. Whether certain songs can be played again will have a direct colleration with how much censorship comes down. Just finished multiple listenings of the 8/1/94 Liberty and really heard the words for the first time. I didn't buy into it in 1994 as the drift away started happening. I now look at it as the spirit world protecting me from what was about to happen a year later. Dropped me in the folds of emmylou to keep me keeping on without our gd tour guide
  9. 8/4/89 Cal Expo, my one and only set of shows there. I believe this is the one the had a Cumberland Ryder?. The Scarlet fire of this series is one of my favorites. Had to use a 100 minute to capture the pre drums
  10. We videod the Auburn Hills 94 show. Got it on VHS if any one wants a copy, 1st gen
  11. Appropriate song for a drive inn
  12. Yeah , he was. Bruce Cockburn caught me taping one of his shows and cussed me out I'm front of the audience. Wrecked my experience and I wasn't selling anything., just gonna turn more people on to him
  13. Billy Strings is doing two drive in shows in Illinois and it says each car is giving an extra car space so if people want to get out of their car they use this extra space. I think those that got philly tickets are going to have a real swell time. I wonder how many cars the lot holds ? Hopefully all goes well with the follow up health reports. I don't see 1000 people packing into any clubs any time soon. Kudos for DSO for venturing out and for everyone who bought tickets and for all the forum folks for keeping a torch lit. FYI Lindley had a statement on his cds that said if you make a copy for someone please send $5.00 to a po box in Boulder. He said he wasn't funded by any corporations.
  14. Tempe in July , I bet it was scorching. I did summer school at ASU in 1984 and it was a hot 110+ each day.
  15. Speaking of deercreek and the later days, during the '95 fire on the mtn, I remember thinking Jerry's playing so much lead after one verse, even played slide (again if memory is correct) but I was like what's he going to play after the next verse? Well as we all know it didn't happen that night, so I left the show in a glow thinking reprise the next night. That's what I was really upset about the next morning when the news came out if the cancel. I was like damn we missed our fire finisher.
  16. Rainfest, everybody and every thing was soaked, loved the bid ye (if I remember correctly)
  17. China doll seems like a song that is enticing to go into but once you're there it's a lot more complicated than it appeared before committing. I've been led to it only to find myself lost once the lyrics and minor chords took over the song. Songs can disappear if they aren't kept in rotation. Some songs don't dissolve as easily as others and can be played whenever without worry
  18. imagine we're all in a parking lot right now years and years ago waiting to get into the post or maybe we're in a lot up in Maine waiting to get into the speedway, nothing but miles and miles of intrigue coming up, speculations being drawn up, beers going down, grill cheese and crystals in each row of cars, someone yells at their dog Cassidy, looking for a last copy of duprees, but when they come out on stage reality hits imagination and swirls everyone up and away until it's dark and you're back in the lot again, having a well deserved brew and looking for your car for the next two hours
  19. Watching nash bridges, the opening segment has Rob Barraco playing piano and singing Bertha with Phil on bass, center stage smiling back at him and Jimmy Herring playing guitar. SFPD guy is there undercover, tye dye scarf. Never know where the next treat is coming from.
  20. Might as well just nod to summer 1985 for this week, especially Saratoga 6/27/85>Hershey 6/28/85
  21. One of the first times I thought I was really hearing the lyrics was at the Wiltern in March of 1987 and I thought Jerry was signing "like a rose, like a rose leading on" I had a battery operated rose that I was holding in the air as Jerry instructed us to "turn around, turn around and I'll be there "
  22. "Was on the outside looking in for that one" that happened to me a lot on that spring 89 tour, got into one omni, outside looking in at Greensboro, and outside for the first show in Pittsburg. First time I toured with a vendor and spent time in the lot during show time. GDP did send me front row center for my home town cincy show, although I spent most of it in the 15th row running fob hornhat into d5, went up front after the final tape flip, needless to say the usher was tired of seeing my ticket by the time I used it.😗
  23. 2pm showtime? Weather perfect? Roses everywhere? Thanks for the lead, I'm putting it on now. Latter day china rider in first set and I love space leading into I will take you home, Jerry seemed to give it some extra levitation to set a beautiful platform for brent to deliver I just listened to cincy 4/7/89 Blow Away is one of best versions and Jerry's energy level throughout the whole show is inspiring. LTGTR>west la opener /soace>wheel >fantasy >jude
  24. Friday April 17th in 1987. Drove from Wyoming through Vegas, all night, picked up friend flying in from cincy at LAX at 5pm, drove like a mad man to get into the show on time, even had to score a ticket for my buddy. Cold Rain opener and Jerry with a trim, trim new haircut for the first outdoor show of the year! Irvine was a fun grassy lot and I believe it was GA, we got fairly close in the steps area, maybe GA lawn and then pavilion steps? All those California venues seemed to be GA: Frost, Greeks, New Years, SF Civic, Kaiser? What am I missing? Wiltern and warfield were assigned seats.
×
×
  • Create New...