Jump to content

Rude

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    6,299
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    349

Everything posted by Rude

  1. I think they meant if the dead was still touring like 95 and Jerry wasn’t in a drug fog. There’s a large portion of deadco people who think they are brilliant. The dead was brilliant so I’d have zero time for any other band unless they played in my hometown. At shoreline we were hanging with guys who did all Colorado Dso shows and they weren’t happy with deadco’s style either and were looking forward to redrocks but if the dead was still the dead with at least a 1989 Jerry, we’d never be talking on this forum. There were voids to fill when Jerry died. I’d guess most went to phish, panic next and for people who those 2 didn’t cut it, they found Dso, gave up live music or accepted that it was over for them. I think lots of the “it’s over for me” people are now on the deadco train not even knowing about other bands. You’d be surprised how many people at deadco shows had never heard of JRAD. Everyone knew Dso or had heard of them. But no one had heard of JRAD. At Dso shows people are more knowledgeable and had heard of them but at deadco, nope. Everyone around us at the panic Nashville show had seen a Dso show in the last year(of course at panic im talking up Dso). Was strange. But then again people think Mayer is the savior. Vomit. My self confidence couldn’t take having to wear a Mayer is dead shirt. I’d be so embarrassed afraid people would think I’m a poser, b/c if you wear that shirt you sir, are. There’s some of my absolutism. But I don’t have 1 tour friend who would be caught dead in a Mayer shirt relating to dead. Even the gf who likes Mayer’s solo stuff hates him in deadco, but it’s not really fair because she’s a bobby fanatic and not just short short bobby but granddad food in beard bobby. Chicks are weird
  2. I’d say if Jerry was still touring there wouldn’t be National dead acts like Dso and JRAD. You would have lots of local bands but I don’t see with dead touring 70 shows a year if people would follow another one.
  3. 1st jubilee was going on 6yrs ago. How time flies.
  4. Thought this would be a fun thread to talk about any type of live music you saw recently non Dso since there’s a review section for that and to allow people to suggest good bands. I’ll gst it started. Just did a 3-show widespread panic run in Nashville. Was a fantastic time. It doesn’t heal my soul like dead, but I met a lot of cool people and looked around Sunday night and behind me was someone I saw on Dso west coast summer tour. It’s harder rockin jams but jimmy herring is just phenomenal and the new drummer is outstanding. The gf thoroughly enjoyed it even though she recognized maybe 6 songs the whole weekend. Think she really digs the harder rock jams. Thinking back she really gets blown away by loud hard rockin dead jams like TOO. I think I’ll make it a point to add 6 or so panic shows a year to the rotation. Think deadco just dropped out of the rotation. Even with panic not resonating like the dead, we had a better time than at the deadco shoreline shows and at a better price. Think my rotation will be Dso, JRAD and panic, prioritized in that order. The gf used her reasoning skills to get us to add night 3 like “I don’t have to work until afternoon Tuesday” or “tickets are being given away almost on CashorTrade” or “I don’t want to sit at home bored on a holiday”. Of course I’m used to the “wow look at the hotel price I found in Pittsburgh the night of the Dso show” spiel. She actually thinks that works better than “please please let’s do this show.” Started this thread out with a sweet drift.
  5. Wheres the bailout.
  6. You would have to have very diverse musical tastes to make use of that. Would only take 65 shows or so to break even. Plus you get primo tix for Lil Baby and posse NBA Youngboy rupaul’s drag race(boing) and rainbow kitten surprise. Where can I sign up.
  7. Is there a vip option for the national? Maybe meet and greet but it’s all GA and can get a tad oppressive. It still holds a special place in my heart as it was the 1st New Years run and I met cosmic mike for the 1st time and made sure goingbacktowhere actually made the shows. It was also the 1st show I took the GF to in 2014 when she was still mostly unfamiliar with the dead. Now she’s like i hope the play an eleven after St Stephen. On that note I already miss my boys. It’s time we go ahead and make a plan for these shows. We should do all 4 but I could live with norva and DC. I’ll handle the hotel bookings
  8. Rude

    TIGDH

    I’d love my birthday show 3/1 with an elective 1st set
  9. Rude

    TIGDH

    On TIGDH they are playing 50yrvannuvetsaty of 8/23/68 which made me think that in 2019 I bet Dso is going to pull out some 50yr anniversary shows of the 69 shows. I’m predicting 2019 will be the year Dso really busts out lots of 69 shows!!!!!
  10. Not sure if you come out of those 1 hour showers cleaner or dirtier. Thankfully u douse the shower with bleach after.
  11. South and Midwest seem to get down more than anywhere else so less gawkers. It’s likelt to do with we have very little else. Big east coast cities are bombarded with activities. Midwest and south aren’t so we blow it out. Even cali seem more subdued than Cincy Indy Milwaukee.
  12. It’s time to ban phones at Dso shows so our brethren can dance like no one is recording!!!! It’s pretty tacky to record people letting loose. You see it a lot at non dead type shows but it’s rare at a dead show. Most should be getting down themselves and should try to outdo the dancer they want to record vs recording them and posting online. I may make a comment how it’s rude to record other people and put it online even though I’m no longer on social media and my only access is through the gf’s accounts and shed prob be even less pleased to know her name was associated with one of my legendary, sometimes brilliant, sometimes annoying rants. Chuck can attest to the annoying ones. I would never make those comments(besides the sugar in my coffee) because I will already know the answer to those questions 2 weeks beforehand. As Gr8tfulpair will attest he can just sit back and enjoy as I already have the itinerary set months in advance and know the distances b/t hotels and all associated details. My real life may be a mess but on tour I’m structured and on a schedule. My west coast trip planning was perfection down to where in Yosemite we wanted to camp to get back to the bay the quickest(crane flats of course). I’m like a cray supercomputer when it comes to trip planning. Within 5 minutes of seeing a schedule I know how it’s gonna play out. I can’t remember a setlist or people’s names until I meet them 10x but distances, dates and time analysis are spot on.
  13. This must be true because when me and my buddies are on tour, all we talk about in the hotel rooms is how sad suffering in other countries is and how we want to make a difference. That’s why we like the dead. We cry all night thinking about sad stuff. That’s just the type of people we are. Ne’er a bad word about anything or anyone. You would think we were the salt of the earth if you listened in when our close group communicates. Salt of the earth.
  14. At one of the Cal shows a guy next to me said is this black peter. I’m like yes. He said it’s one of those songs I just never really cared about enough to dig into the lyrics. I said it’s one of the most important, if not most depressing, songs hunter ever wrote. He then listened for around 30 secs then started talking to his gf for the rest of the song.
  15. Rude

    TIGDH

    Gr8fulpair causes this liked an image liked an image but we have no clie what image was liked because our texts are now green and not the multi functional blue. All because he said he hated the Steve jobs movie and liked ex machina and wanted to represent with an android phone to encourage female android research.
  16. Rude

    TIGDH

    Yeah yeah but when I click the link it doesn’t say open in app. Relisten is great but little money was put into coding it.
  17. Rude

    TIGDH

    Relisten.net actually works on my iphone now. For months I had to click the view on archive.org button to play shows from my phone. Hmm but now it only gives 1 source and it’s not formatted right. All the text is on top of each other. Weird
  18. I just don’t get the deadco infatuation. I guess if you don’t want to shake your bones it’s ok but if u wanna dance the tempo ain’t there. You do have a shitload more energy after their show than Dso though. I never feel sore post deadco. They are very psychedelic but I need tempo. I want that runners high where I’m dripping wet and my heart is beating out of my chest. What’s weird is I had fun at the 5 deadco shows I saw last year but watching that tour opener free stream made me despise it. It’s a live in person only event in my opinion. You get the epic sound system and light show but at home I’ll play dead. Unfortunately Dso can’t fill football stadiums because that jubilee type sound system is epic. I love the big sound. We canceled seeing deadco tomorrow in Cincy after watching how the band has regressed. It sucks missing a “local” show but gonna see hyryder in Evansville Friday then lots of Dso 2 weeks later (and 2 deadco shoreline but I’m looking at it as a big party). Ooooh and on CashorTrade a nice lady found my post looking for a pair of tix to moe and Phil July 1 at TXR and it’s not an easy ticket transfer. 1st time there for me. Sunday afternoon outdoor show!!! Now my summer tour is fully booked!!! Booyah. 11 shows. 7 in 7 days is gonna be rough as both my feet are pretty damaged after jubilee. Honestly I don’t know if I can handle Dso tempo anymore. My body is fighting back. But many of Dso summer are reserved seating and I may actually take advantage of that. I was telling someone at jubilee that I can handle people looking at me thinking I’m a weirdo dancing but if I’m sitting and they are like this guy doesn’t get it, my self esteem can’t handle that. The weirdest feeling I’ve had in the last year was when my legs gave out with the flu during JRAD Madison(literally the muscles refused to fire). During I know you rider, I was THE only person in the venue sitting. I felt so weird. Too much of everything wasn’t enough anymore to keep me moving. I couldn’t even balance myself. The fatigue was so overwhelming. But the only thought I had was someone is like that guy doesn’t get it or he’s not a deadhead. My self esteem these days can handle about anything but that. Weird how our minds work.
  19. Check deadandcompany Instagram hashtags and there are lots of videos of the river in the streets. Crazy
  20. That was a river in the streets. But luckily it made drive by shootings next to impossible So Camden concertgoers got lucky. The average daily murder tally if 3 in Camden was reduced to 1. That’s goid news
  21. Listening to tales from the golden road and a guy said if deadco was played proper tempo the show would only last an hour and a half lol.
  22. So I hear laurel but the gf hears yanny. It’s so weird.
  23. Which do you hear?? Yanny or Laurel???
  24. Having a funny convo with friends I remembered this guy who got a boob job for a $100k bet. It was in 1996 and he won the bet and decided to keep the boobs another 20 years. Turns out he just decided to have them removed. Great funny article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3595290/These-100-000-boobs-Compulsive-male-gambler-got-BREAST-IMPLANTS-win-bet-friend-finally-asks-38C-cups-removed-20-YEARS.html
  25. Change the to an and the statement will be correct.
×
×
  • Create New...