Jump to content

Rude

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    6,299
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    349

Everything posted by Rude

  1. A phish song I can’t name lol. Pure jam band outros tonight
  2. surprise valley by panic
  3. So the gf wants us to do this weekends run of the stolen faces in Huntsville al then Jackson MS this Friday and Saturday. Both indoor music venue shows. Shes like this is the last hurrah before popping out a baby 4 days later. I’m like you are freaking insane but I also have to love that I made her one of the most hardcore new heads out there. Of course I’m not doing it but she’s brought it up twice. She’s at the point where I have to help her get out of the car and help her turn over in bed and she wants us to do a 6 hour drive to see an average dead band and dance for 4 hours. She’s also mad that panic is too big to do any shows anytime soon. I think St Augustine every summer for panic will be on our rotation now b/c she digs the harder jams and Panic is a hard party to beat. Lawn with me changing diapers as she roams will be the likely scenario. I just wanted to get her to like doing some runs or maybe a tour here and there. Note she didn’t do jubilee 2015 b/c she said camping is gross. Now she wants 50 shows a year and really wants camping fests lol. Her tour mentality is on par with mango and Mc from years past. Do them all lol. I would have thrown chuck into that analogy but she’s more on the young side of it vs Chuck with the gold plated winnebagos, penthouses at circus circus and deluxe rooms at the Howard Johnson. Well back to Netflix.....
  4. Bill is an insane announcer. I have vid of him doing the 1st UK game he ever did and he used 3 dead references in 90 secs. If you don’t really care about the game his a good announcer. But he’s not really a good basketball color guy. Dave Pasch tries to keep him in line. It’s hillarious how he cracks on bill. Vic I’ll text you the a vid of Dave telling bill he’s done too many drugs. I think bill said too much of everything is just enough and Dave pasch came back with a zinger.
  5. glad you had “mild” symptoms. That means no hospital by CDC definition.......
  6. 2 friends plus the gfs sister caught Covid and it sounds like hell. Even the 24yr old sister was sick for a week and still has issues smelling 15 days later. One was a denier and said it’s worst sickness of her 42yr life. She didn’t deny the virus just the severity of it. That’s what happens when the president acts like it’s nothing and how he feels 20 years younger. Thank god that turd will lose his bully pulpit in a few months but he will still be quoted on the news every fucking day. He made news stations money and the number 1 goal of every business is to make a profit. Some news sources exploit our deep dark fears more than others to make money. Then you have the full blown profiteers that would switch sides in 2 secs if they could make more money. We all have to make sacrifices in life to feed our families. I printed t-shirts for a client in the mid 2000’s that were for the Florida state vs Colorado games and these shirts were pro Florida state. Yes it was gross but we have mortgages to pay. Yes these shirts may have incited violence but prob just a drunk punch in the face during or after the game. Do I have a point? Idk. Maybe theres a nugget in there to contemplate or maybe not. Likely just a whiskey ramble. Cheers and peace.
  7. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=210213060462210&id=100044205517323&anchor_composer=false Unfortunately I couldn’t make this one. This was 1 of the 3 I missed all summer. During the accoustic part of set 1, the keyboard player switches to banjo during been all around this world and cold Jordan and the drummer switches to bass during operator to let their bassist sing for the actual 1st time, nullifying the “let ping sing” shirts that were printed.
  8. Rude

    TIGDH

    this was the show on TIGDH on Sirius when we popped in the car at 7am yesterday morning I believe. It was mostly background noise at that time of day. The main event was seeing the 1st snow of the year going through the West Virginia mountains.
  9. And it’s super weird to have Monday afternoon football.
  10. Stash by phish just played in the KC/bills game. A producer for Fox is def a jam band fan
  11. Here’s a thought. With the pandemic expected to pull 15-20 trillion from the economy over the next 4 years why the fuck aren’t we funding the CDC more than a couple billion a year. Like for real. Why aren’t we hiring tons of scientists and funding more and more research around the country. I mean a lot fucking more. If we can have a multi trillion dollar stimulus we can put 200 billion into disease research. You have to think with the overpopulation in some countries this shits gonna happen again. We need a much better response from scientists who have a much better playbook and are ready to instantly implement it.
  12. Now we just need to work on the 4th member of the SOTE gang. We need the omg you actually said that look and then throws out something even more demented, to keep us balanced lol. Theres a dynamic that’s hard to get without all 4 members. I still remember crawling on the floor laughing unable to get up in that DC embassy suites. If we didn’t value keeping our jobs and not having huff post articles written about us we could have recorded some nights for a Netflix special that make Dave chapelle look like don rickles, allegedly.
  13. Hey little one, I see you liked this post 😜
  14. 2/25/66 Ivar theater is a better recording than any 80/81 show.
  15. late nigh scooter ride around Lucas oil stadium
  16. and we are now electric scooter people. I was told electric bikes are even better. Next I’ll be buying a Tesla running out of juice on a rural interstate and the troopers tell me they don’t like my kind of car and I end up crushed with it in a rural salvage yard never to be seen again, and all from scooters. Late night buzzed scooter riding is fun. Just make sure you look for curbs.
  17. that was a super fun time!!! They push the envelope and a few times they came back together a beat off and laughed on stage but true improvising leads to that and those guys get lost in the music. I’d say they are between true dead and JRAD style but closer to dead, but make the songs their own style. Us midwesterners are lucky to have them play so much this summer. Ive seen many tributes and they are by far my favorite who aren’t a national tribute and really good guys too. Was surprised how many were there. Prob 500+. You will get to meet PG and hubby this weekend indy too. Gr8tfulpair had to back out or he’d have been there too. edit: this was the 1st time we’d hung out since 2014 cincy Dso show. Was a blast
  18. You don’t need to demonize a race of people to enforce immigration laws. You don’t need to play to the racists to enforce the laws. But with a 2 bit reality star, he wants ratings. Trying to divide the country like never in our lives. Now the election that hasn’t happened is already rigged. He’s trying to get the followers who believe conspiracies to take up arms. this is his latest conspiracy. Even Laura Ingraham whos a conspiracy theorists is confused by it. Evidently planes full of thugs wearing gear are flying commercial to tear down cities. This is the president ffs What does that mean?” asked Ingraham, a staunch supporter of the president who seemed flummoxed by what he was saying. “That sounds like conspiracy theory, dark shadows. What is that?” “No. People that you haven't heard of. They are people that are on the streets, they're people that are controlling the streets. We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend,” Trump said. “And in the plane, it was almost completely loaded with thugs wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear and this and that. They're on a plane.” “Where is this?” asked Ingraham. “I'll tell you sometime, but it's under investigation right now,” said Trump. “But they came from a certain city, and this person was coming to the Republican National Convention. And there were like seven people on the plane like this person and then a lot of people were on the plane to do big damage.” if you believe anything out of his mouth I feel for you.
  19. Ive had 5 nights sleep and a lot of bourbon since I wrote that. There are no inaccuracies or lies in that post.
  20. next year people with big fields will be set up for concerts. That’s the way to go. Buckeye lake would be a great place to hold 3-5k people shows. Just paint circles to abide by local guidelines and make people stay in their zones. We did a show at Garfield Park in indy that was set up that way. In the UK there’s that virgin mobile concert field with platforms. The big concert promoters have the winter to figure it all out. Don’t really like the drive in concept. I want to see only people but you need a large area to make it financially possible. But won’t matter to me that much as I’ll be sleep deprived and home for most of the next 2 years.
  21. Seems weird now that it’s “political” to care about the health and well-being of people. Common sense never used to be political. Telling people don’t take drugs that don’t work or don’t drink bleach is political. This is the insanity we live in. One day saying lockdown then next day oppose the lockdown. Saying a mentally ill person should not be in charge of people’s lives shouldn’t be political. This ain’t about tax cuts or abortion. This is about new cdc regulations saying you shouldn’t be tested if you live with someone positive but you show no signs. That’s the newest way to lower cases after decreased federal funds to test. Yeah saying you got exposed and you need to be tested is political now. just read how many people in north Texas have been drinking bleach for corona. Theres no defending this shit. Someone who will go to any lengths to act like this is going away and refuses to do anything to help. Oh take this unproven drug. Then all the talking heads say it works. Oh drink bleach. He’s just being sarcastic. He’s a literal idiot. this is the random thoughts section
  22. I barely tolerated the turd previously, but only the very ill informed or ones whod follow him even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue would think he handled this pandemic well. He’s the head of the anti maskers ffs. People have been shot and attacked for refusing to wear masks and called it a liberal conspiracy. Promoting Qanon and already calling the election fraudulent is destroying the fabric of the country. And yes his refusal to take the pandemic seriously is why we are still fully in it as other countries are recovering. The steady stream of lies, dog whistles and threats of civil war if he doesn’t win is just too much. I hate narcissistic people as it is and this turd is the worst of the worst, but if you don’t understand economics and believe all manufacturing will return to America and immigration is bad then hes your guy. There’s good white supremacists too right. His fear mongering has already led to violence. Worried about the future with new congressmen who will win who back QAnon who’s main philosophy is that Hillary anc other Dems sell children as sex slaves. These are the dumbest our country has to offer that follow Q. 5g gives you Covid. Sorry but I won’t stay silent anymore! I won’t be complicit. I understand many are afraid to speak up. It’s ok. But I will speak up.
  23. Random thought i never sing at shows or generally make any sounds besides footsteps. Of course yell during the 2 crowd parts of OMSN or clap the nfa. But...if everyone else was quiet, we’d lose that crowd surround noise so....maybe talkers and drunk talkers and singers are not so bad. Tea got me started in this 6-23-88 alpine show and the rowdiness is palpable. But then alpine shows had to be great for the fans and the band. The Midwest is the best!!!! Next project. Gonna do every alpine show in a row. Summer up there is some great shit.
×
×
  • Create New...