Jump to content

Rude

Forum MVP
  • Posts

    6,299
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    349

Everything posted by Rude

  1. I’m just mad I didn’t send 1 tweet that I could produce ventilators and that 69m check would have been funneled to me then to a Cayman Islands account. I’m so stupid. I bet diamond and silk are mad they didn’t think about it either. I actually could have been shameless and gotten 1mil masks for some governor early on in this as I had emails from factories but it just seemed like dirty business. Now that I’m shut down for maybe the rest of the year I’m rethinking that strategy......but after watching waco, the last thing you want is to be on any government radar. Any attorney general who wants to fuck you will. Conspiracy to profit during a national emergency is probably an executable offense. But I called my hospital clients and offered them respirators at cost. Didn’t mark them up a penny to try to help out—same with sanitizer. My good deed will show up in smaller margins and likely get me audited. But by 2021 the civil war will be included full effect as trump urges the 3%ers on the NE patriots to take action. But then again who’s scared of a kicker.
  2. Curious if the less sanitary people we know are washing their hands or bodies during this? Well not that curious. Hugs are now outlawed so the “am I supposed to guve so and so a hug” problems are resolved. I told the gf when in doubt, hug. Now only super spreaders and Louisiana churches will be participating in this archaic hugging practice. On a weird note, it seems that much of the new porn now, so I’ve heard, is with people wearing masks. Glad to know entertainers are being safe now. on an actual medical note, it seems from early results that Boston and New Yorkers have extremely high % of peeps with positive antibody tests. So like we’ve all known, way more people have had this than tested. But from one test it showed 30% of people in Chelsea, MA had antibodies. It wasn’t scientific and small sample size and it’s possible that mostly people who thought they had it months ago were the ones that had the test. But then again not surprised in an area where you are more likely to see girls fight in a bar than guys and where black guys cross the road if see white guys walking at them at night. Makes the jersey shore look like the hamptons. So of course they have herd immunity. Honestly I’m ready to have it already. It’s gonna mostly come for us all so let’s get it over with before summer. I think Dso needs to do a show on some private island like fyre festival. Trump wants to reopen the economy. I suggest that you guys get in touch with Jared kushner and speak on behalf of all touring musicians and get trump to tweet we will be reopening music halls soon. This is his path to reelection. Get all the deadheads who care about shows more than politics to vote. If he gets me shows in July he’s got my vote. Of course he’s the laziest president we will ever have but his tweets are policy so maybe try to get on fox and friends and talk about how musicians want to play shows to bring up peoples spirits. Remember talking points like 1. The cure cannot be worse than the disease 2. More people will kill themselves if no music than die from this 3. The economy is more important than anything else 4. Music like religion can kill the virus. Be gone Satan. I command you. 5. Most importantly!!!! To be retweeted you need to say trump is the smartest and hardest working president we’ve ever had and if Jerry was still alive he’d be out there fighting for your policies of kindness and caring for all Americans. Thank you trump for reacting so quickly!! No one could have done a better job. Sincerely, Bourbon
  3. The gambler he broke even
  4. My cat imitating a dancing bear
  5. Jerry band Sunday’s. My church is the best
  6. Oh, Atlanta is a guilty pleasure song
  7. As a fan the more dead the better is my motto. JRAD is the easiest sold out ticket to get as so many New Yorkers buy 4 packs the second they go on sale and then dump them on CashorTrade when plans don’t come together. CashorTrade is the spot for JRAD, Panic and phish. Deadco tix just sit b/c no one wants to buy $250 face Tix
  8. Looks like you had a great time based on the half a setlist posted. The more songs forgot the better. Having to drive post show I was only missing 1 song 😂
  9. I enjoyed phish. Their light setup was off the charts. Sound quality fantastic too. Their sound wasn’t shitty like deadcos sound. It was like Dso quality on a larger scale. They have this insane snake lighting that creates an effect like the stage is turning side to side. Almost fell over twice literally. I still don’t see how deadco has such muddled sound. Of the 12 or so shows I always leave with a wtf is their board guy doing. Jrad also has sound that I’m not a fan of. It’s like if you use one of those live theater sound filters at home. It’s this hollow audience taps effect. I love what they do musically but the sound shouldn’t be fucked with like their board operator does. Dso puts out this crisp sound where the cymbals and high hats are crystal and JRAD goes so heavy midrange you can barely hear his high hats. That’s what made Betty boards so special. The cymbals were so clear it was like you were next to the drum kit.
  10. We didn’t have natural half pipes like the big cities and I still say stoked. I think I even got a text from some people who said they are stoked about BM.
  11. Skateboarder magazine was almost impossible to find at the news stand. When you finally got one it was like amazon. I ordered a Lucero deck and built a quarter pipe. Of course back then young kids would build that shit themselves. It was a horrible ramp. It had 2 bends in it you had to contend with and 98% of the time it led to disaster. But I’d jump on the electrical box in our yard and land perfectly in the grass from 5 feet up. Landing on concrete was a completely different animal. I was a great tic tacker. I could do that for a mile without having to push. An Ollie? No way we thought about shit like that. A fakie on a friends ramp was a pro style move back then lol.
  12. Eek that sucks. They are a solid dead band. They have filled in a few schedule gaps with some fri/sat Indy shows.
  13. Wow so Scott wasn’t there? That’s rough losing keys and one of your most talented members. He is an organ guru. Think I’ve decided no more outdoor activities besides swimming until BM. This heat is fucking brutal. 97 with high humidity. Feels like a sauna. Last night went to an indoor show and went outside at 11pm and was 81 with 84% humidity. Water instantly condensed on your skin. In 5 seconds you had a coating of water on you. Said 88 heat index. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky all day and the humidity was that high. If it somehow cools down and the gf is off next weekend we could possibly go but all day music ain’t for me right now.
  14. Mike, theres way more advanced stuffing now than socks and potatoes. I use a large prosthetic Johnson in my banana hammock. Plus these are all the rage these days. I’ve been trying to get Ellie to sell dark star ones for the last year!! Only .99 plus 2.99 shipping on amazon. Get them while you can
  15. I prefer not camping in summer. Gotta check the gfs work schedule but that could be fun if it’s not 100 degrees.
  16. Well waited too late. This place is booked along with everywhere else near. Seems like canoeing down the black river is the thing to do in mid August. Found a place 30 miles (1 hour away)..... that ain’t happening. Did find an Airbnb $500 a night that’s 10 minutes away but would have to pack it up. Not sure if the weekend b4 BM would make foot sense anyway.
  17. Think we are gonna try to do this. Canoe down the river during the day. Shows at night. Looks like fun. Gotta find a cabin with a/c as camping in August is a no go for me. 2 nights of jakes leg sounds fun.
  18. So normal rain to this date from January 1st is 27 inches. We are at 48. July so far 4.5 and normal is 2”. 10” last 45 days and this is summer........ This is a pic I just took. They are everywhere
  19. This nonstop rain from the hurricane brings back fond memories of The Pocahontas show years ago. But it’s not 69 degrees and night and I’m indoors and none of my friends are turning blue. Those were the days. Only time I’ve ever seen people dancing in a literal foot of water. This is the rainiest year I can ever remember. It’s supposed to be 95 every day and cooling down in the pool. This year it’s taking 10 pounds of shock a week to keep the pool from becoming a pond. The spring frogs are still here because I can’t keep the chlorine level high enough to run them out for good. Oh and i have these frogs who are so loud that you can’t hear the tv inside at night. I’m afraid I’m going to get cited for noise ordinance statutes and I’m not kidding. The neighbors don’t say anything but I know they can hear them indoors. It’s deafening outside. And when it rains they really sing....So global warming is going to make my area a summer rain forest?? At least I’m on the Ohio and not the Mississippi. It’s mid July and the river should be super low. Craziness.
  20. I was epically tired and must have been grumpy when I posted some negativity in that blues thread about deadco deer creek b/c I really had an epic week finishing with the wrigley shows. Unfortunately I was quoted so my post will live in infamy. I met more kind people randomly than ever in my life. The epitome of the scene was this guy taking a header after the show outside and 5 people run straight to him to help him. We help this guy get to a stoop and a stranger says I got him and stayed with him on that stoop. It was like everyone was going out of their way to be more helpful and more kind than the next guy but not in a way of trying to be better than anyone else but just feeding off the love. So Saturday I evidently skipped the guy who scans tickets to get field bands but get them anyway so of course I’m like sorry babe we are sitting here until we see someone enter who would take advantage of a field wristband. Found a couple and they took our tix and got a field wristband. No way I was going to let unscanned field bracelets not get used. We saw them after the show on the street and that made their night and hopefully they will pass it on down the road. If everyone in the world had this mentality we’d live in a utopia. Oh and I went to the unsold sections behind home plate with the people who see space and hit it and I saw a familiar face who I met at deer creek, but he was also at jubilee, all of jazz fest and we had met before. I heard from him the most insane tour plan I’ve ever heard. All of deadco. All jazzfest. Around 8 fests, today he stayed in Chicago to see billy strings b4 heading east to finish deadco. Retired and just lives tour and 3-4 day fests. He tried to entice us into Eric Krasno and friends after the Saturday show but I was beat. It made me realize I should talk to more people. So many interesting people who do fun things. Everyone I chatted with had all these fun travel plans. I’m glowing. Regardless if the music isn’t exactly what I want, the scene is so large and full of multitudes of great people you can’t help but glow. Oh and on the field, we went in front of the PA’s that projects into the stands and you could get a foot away as it was on the ground. It was the loudest thing I’ve ever heard. You could stay there like 15 seconds and feel like you are approaching the sun and then need to move to not go deaf. Several people around us would dance into that sound for a few seconds then dance out and be like wow!! Unfortunately a field usher guarding his entry point was dead center of it 10 feet away with no earplugs. I don’t see how you wouldn’t have ear damage after that. It was made to project sound 300 feet away. I basked in it a total of like a minute over the last 4 songs and I could feel it today and the usher was there all night. That could be on worlds most dangerous jobs. There were 20 other acts of amazing kindness we witnessed and so many great people we met that I could write a book about it all but my ramble ends here.
  21. Had a nice little win betting on maximum security. Haven’t seen the payoff yet but watched it at a bar and was like sweet he won and then went to hit a music club. That $20 bet should pay near $100.
  22. JRAD 3 miles away and skipping it....decided on just stumbling down Frenchmen tonight. The only reason I’m on a phone is our apartment literally 400 feet from Maison has no air and their tech will be here in 30 minutes. Hypothetically they could have their own Mardi Gras in our place if not supervised. Considering it’s night 1 of 8 they could have a lot of fun and I don’t trust them lol. By night 7 they can have at it.
  23. Saw this on this Netflix doc Cocaine island about a scavenger hunt for this hidden treasure blow. Pretty funny. The sleepy alligator is grabbing the Georgia bulldog.
  24. Write WSMFP on a white tee and you will be safe. Also say yes to everything. Just saw the it’s always sunny where Charlie said yes to everything and he won lots of money and had a great night so they are my role models and I trust them.
  25. Let Rob K sing!!
×
×
  • Create New...