-
Posts
6,299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
349
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Rude
-
Oregon has a bad loss to Stanford and really not much the rest of the way that’s a roadblock or can show the committee they beat another good team. Ohio state has many chances to improve its stock and at 1 loss they get in over Oregon even with Oregon winning head to head assuming osu doesn’t play scrubs to 1 score games and handily takes care of them. Cincy has had a great little run, but would they be a playoff team If in SEC west? That’s a division that is cannibalising itself. There’s so much talent in that division. UK is lucky theY are in the East with a much easier road to a decent bowl. 61 years since UK started 6-0 but most of those years are because of Florida and Georgia and with Georgia next week we’d need a miracle. But holy shit we’d likely win the SEC East if we beat Georgia. I can dream right lol.
-
Penn state was dominating until they lost their QB. The replacement was garbage. 2 ints and 36 passing yards. Eww. Iowa got away with one. Georgia’s defense continues to dominate. Their number 1 2018 recruiting class with 8 5 star players is why that defense is so good. They still have 5 of those 5* guys starting their senior year. That front 4 is fantastic. UK a surprising 6-0. They are probably equivalent of Iowa but no where near a legit playoff team and at Georgia next week the fantasy comes to an end. UK has been feeding 1st and 2nd round defenders to the pros the last few years and this defense looks pretty good. The offense is going to have a rough time vs Georgia next week. texas A&m’s pro talent finally showed up. 3 straight rank 6 recruiting classes but Jimbo wasn’t getting the talent to do what it should. They put Bama in a hole early and even when Bama took the lead their defense couldn’t hold. This is why Georgia was number 1 FPI. That D line plus a few LB’s are all going pro and Kirby is the best defensive coach in the country. Oklahoma dashed a bit of Cincinnati’s playoff hopes yesterday with that comeback. Cincy needed Texas to hold that lead. Oklahoma is a horrible defensive team. Big play after big play. Big 12 can recruit offense but they don’t get the elite defenders. I mean why would any top defender go to teams that allow 50 a game. Ohio state is finally getting it together a bit and getting the the ball to the NFL guys. Feed the talent. Ohio state can win out and get playoff. If Bama wins out and beats Georgia in the championship they will get in along with Georgia. Then if Oklahoma wins out too, cincy will miss the playoffs. I’m going with Georgia, Ohio state, Oklahoma and Cincy as the 1-4.
-
Omg this is the worst defense I’ve ever seen in this Texas Oklahoma game. 35-17 Texas with 6mins left in Q2.
-
You are rooting for Texas this week hard. You need Oklahoma who’s looked horrible so far to finally lose one of those close games. Not covering a spread or even close to covering a spread for a team with an elite QB coming back is inexcusable. Reminds me of that year where Ohio state didn’t cover the 1st 5 weeks almost losing to Illinois state and they stayed rank 1. There should be no preseason ranking. Rankings should start after week 1. So SEC likely gets 2 in. Big 10 1. Acc 0. Pac 12 0. Big 12 undetermined. If Texas can beat Oklahoma cincy may sneak in. Thank Clemson as they have taken a spot every year with that weak schedule. I think cincy gets in if they don’t lose.
-
This is the year they have a shot to get in. The issue is the 1 and 2 teams are freaking evil this year. Georgia’s starting defense hasn’t allowed a TD in 5 games. The 2 TDs they allowed were Q4 with the starters removed. If Bama and Georgia go 12-0 into the SEC championship the winner gets the 1 and other the 2. The 3 and 4 are wide open. In pros it’s nice to see my cowboys looking good so far. Their degense is still suspect but they have won the turnover battle every game. That won’t last but happy to be 3-1 right now.
-
They are definitely a talented original band. Haven’t listened to much but from the live shows I’ve watched I dig them.
-
hoping to maybe get the 2 Hyryder at riverfront live halloween weekend but it’s not looking great right now.
-
I wish. That would be a blast but it’s right after Asheville. We discussed the possibility of one of us doing it solo but decided to pass. Plus after going to The Stage on Bay in savannah a couple years ago, nothing can compete with the beauty of that venue and location. Picture gorgeous savannah and then the name the stage on bay which you would assume has a stage overlooking a marina with luxury yachts and palm trees all around you, and then picture no water near, a metal warehouse type venue surrounded by barbed wire fence because it’s in the projects with boarded up windows and a gas station next door with burned out cars that have been there for years and security walking the blocks of street parking because if they don’t you will get broken into guaranteed. Once you see heaven like that, the charms of a mountain town have very little pull.
-
Melvin and JGB with JK The Caverns, Pelham, TN 8/8/21 Setlist: I Feel Like Dynamite Run For The Roses Cats Under The Stars Tore Up Positively Fourth Street We Be Jammin' Rhapsody In Red Señor In The Midnight Hour -/- Ruben & Cherise > Eyes Of The World > Drum World > Hey Pocky Way Forever Young Midnight Moonlight Someday Baby Everybody Needs Somebody Deal had a blast doing an afternoon show in the caverns. Show was 4:30-7:30. Made it a semi easy up and back same day show which was perfect for us. Crowd was crazy high energy. Loud crowd. Like cover your ears after song loud. The cave makes for some echoey accoustics. Lots of space to groove. Saw 3 different groups of friends that do Dso shows. Always good to see friends. Saw a buddy we hadn’t seen in over 4 years from tour. They had this smoking area way up at the top in the 90 degree sun but with this crowd we stayed close to the mouth of the cave to enjoy the free A/C. It stays under 70 degrees about 50 feet from where you have sky above your head then walk another 10 feet and it’s 90. It would definitely be a cool camping spot in the middle of the summer. The security guy at the top of the hill said If there’s a low pressure front the natural A/C goes all the way up to the top. I was just thinking how much they save not having to buy a massive commercial HVAC system lol. That shit ain’t cheap lol. Thanks Doc for the tix. We wouldn’t have gone prob until a free pair of tix landed in our lap. Have to choose our escapes wisely to not overwhelm the biological babysitters.
-
3 show run at Brooklyn bowl. We could only do 1 but we were impressed for sure. He mandated vaccine cards for entry and masks if you were on the rail. No one besides the rail peeps wore a mask.
-
Phil and friends 7/29 Brooklyn bowl Nashville with Grahame Lesh, nicki bluhm, and the band Dawes. unfortunately even arriving an hour before show we see there’s a AA baseball game going on that’s connected to the venue. After 3 full parking lots we end up a half mile away. If you aren’t familiar with Nashville, the parking sucks and is expensive. We decided to bowl a game pre show. $40 later we pop into the concert area. This is such a super cool new complex (opened worst time ever 3/20). The sound was so bad we spent the 1st 20 minutes finding a place that you could actually hear the cymbals. Note it onlu holds 800 and prob 500 total were there. Hit the balcony about 10 feet from the hanging PA ang we achieved liftoff. Crystal clean sound. The 1st set we were just getting our feet under us. At setbreaj we went outside to the smoking area deck. It overlooks the baseball stadium. Watched 20 minutes of baseball and headed back in. The security guard next to me said he was tired of telling people to quit smoking weed and had given up. I’m like you do know this is a dead crowd right. He said cops could come in and we are a new venue. I’m like none of that is happening bro. Set 2 starts and we take our spot 10 feet from the PA. 2nd somg comes unbroken chain. Holy shit they took the middle jam and played with that funky dance beat for 8+ minutes. I was drenched keeping that pace. 2nd set was so so good. This Dawes guy sang one of the most beautiful Stella’s I’ve ever heard. He had this angelic voice. Most of the songs were sung by Nicki bluhm and she delivered. Had a blast. Blown away. Besides a hiccup here ang there you wouldn’t have known this band hadn’t been together for a while. We had a great 2 hour drive home post show basking in the light of that performance. I was so in the now I didn’t take 1 pic of Phil lol. The next day I’m like wtf was wrong with you not getting 1 pic of phil.
-
Looks like a fun weekend. Danny tried to get us to come up b/c Joe Marcinek was sitting in with them on keys but if we were able to do a 5 hour trip we’d have done the 8 hour one to see Dso. We need to find an indy babysitter since they don’t allow babies. My only complaint is the outdoor PA they are using is insufficient. They blew out that Riverfront Live PA though lol. The indoor mousetrap PA setup sounds perfect. They did a great job getting it dialed in for indoors.
-
I’d see a lot of bands if they played more than 1 hour shows and had garbage bands from their label opening and wasting everyone’s patience. I’d like to see GnR. Yes They only have 1 hour of material but I’d go full on misogynistic for a bit. Wake up late, honey put on your clothes and take your credit card to the liquor store.
-
For you cali folks. Best job ever?? Weed tester? https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/06/02/emjay-california-weed-delivery-service-hiring-testing-intern/7512028002/
-
Why would you mention “Chinese” knockoff vax cards. There’s a thing called photoshop. Why would anyone need China to print out a card on your printer? Awww. Just following the lead of the orange turd I guess with his demonization of the Chinese people. I just hope mei doesn’t face any violence because of the continual negative Chinese references.
-
“Today is a great day for America. If you are fully vaccinated you no longer need to wear a mask” —Biden
-
Bye bye mask. You sucked. Besides the plane I’m about to pop on I won’t be wearing you again thanks to the cdc guidance. Holler!!
-
I never knew that in tough mama the lyric was “hotter than a crotch”
-
he may but once he can walk he’s gonna be stuck doing shows with us all summer lol. I had no choice when my parents took us to the lake every weekend. I enjoy boating still lol. Hope he’s like dead ducks sons and are writing down setlists and like to see shows with their dad.
-
Trying to teach boss baby the basic 2 and 4 rock beat on drums but I think he has no rhythm. And he keeps dropping the sticks. He listens to like 3-6 hours a day of dead/stones/allman zep etc. shouldn’t it be in his bones already.
-
I read where live nation said that 75% of people chose to keep tickets vs being refunded because they want to be there when the music returns. The 25% who got refunds all retained attorneys to get refunded is the reality. Still trying to get a refund on last summers stones tour. My tickets say June 2021 now. I’m like umm really? I’m pretty sure I’ve lost track of many tickets I bought and never got refunded. It was that April -July huge concert time. I do have some sept 2021 JRAD that are sold out so that’s good
-
Unfortunately the ticket bots took them all fast. But hey stubhub has single day tickets 400-600........ fucking scalpers. Doubt could pull off a 4-show run yet but couldn’t even get a single pair of tix to any night lol. Panic party isn’t quite jazz fest level but it’s up there. Jazz fest is like jubilee with a bed and oysters and with less rules 😂. Big hit on the pocketbook but it’s oh so amazing.
-
Saw Panic just announce 4 Full capacity shows at the Riverslide in Milwaukee for October. Time to get back to normal.
-
max headroom paid his hookers in cash like a smart person.
-
I liked the sax initially. Now I’m like ehh.
