-
Posts
6,299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
349
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Rude
-
Can’t wait til the racist fucks have their leader go down in flames. Wonder who’s white supremacist dick they will suck on next? Stephen Miller is likely best bet. I left Facebook almost 3 years ago because so many were exposed for their hypocrisy. The smart ones stopped defending the nonsense. I was tired of it all regardless. But its time to end this shit!!!!! 3 months until we can send the turd and his low IQ minions on their way. Luckily this is a dead site and not a kid Rock/ted nugent site.
-
Looking for a bigger/better Bluetooth speaker. Always wanted to get a B&W zeppelin speaker to travel with. Yes it’s a tad large to haul around but not quite as big as some of the JBL 2 cubic foot speakers. We upgraded from the multitudes of $50 travel speakers while on Dso tour after our last garbage tiny speaker crapped out to a Sony SRS at a bestbuy in Columbus as it was the best available that had a battery but it doesn’t really cut it except for hotel use. I know some of you are audiophiles and i don’t trust promoted articles online and Higher quality portable speakers aren’t really available for listening where I am or almost anywhere.
-
Been doing the summer 85 lead vocal echo tour. Healy had some toys and was overusing them lol. Starts fast and strong on 6/14. Starts to fade by the Hershey Park rain soaked show. There’s a touch of grey in the Greek theater run that’s so fast jerry skips coming in every beat to try to catch up. Impossible to really play jazz style when it’s that fast. Bobby is on fire vocally in that run. Not sure why they went that fast but it’s good music if you need to release some anger. if you want a song that’s the epitome of this tour sound wise listen to the 6/24/85 GSET. The lead vocal echo is sooooo over the top lol
-
So laying in bed at 4am I just started cracking up thinking about tonight. Hope you guys dont mind me sharing but I can’t stop laughing. So I suggest to tea and Gr8tfulpair that we should do a zoom call sometime. Tea said let’s do it now. This was like 1am eastern or close. I install the app and start a call and link the invite. A few minutes later Gr8tfulpair joins. We are like where the frick is tea. We chat for a while as I was informed early that his phone was at 1% and the only charger was one that our long lost friend sunny had left and it drains battery vs actually charging it which makes sense and also makes me continue to laugh. Well eventually I get a locked pic of Gr8tfulpair which means battery dead then get a video in our chat group of Tea’s front door cam showing he’s locked out of his house and that’s why he didn’t join the zoom. Still laughing. I miss my tour crew. I miss so many of you. Tour is another home. I miss it .
-
11 shows in 3 nights........thank you Covid..?...?..the gf said enough already. Note she’s buying us Tix still to anything dead related within 5 hours drive and letting me know after the fact that we are attending, but she said she’s not into deep dive analysis listening to the same tour 2x in a row. Is it sexist to be like it’s good to be the man? What’s correct anymore? Can we think or is it forbidden? Can I make bad humor jokes?(with the salt of the earth gang if you don’t make them you are ousted ;)) burp
-
I was listening to a 200 gram pressing digitally converted from a music hall MMF-5 turntable with Goldring G1012 cartridge 24 bit 96kHz
-
Just watched The Who: Tommy (1975) again. Never really realized how much the director was trying to emulate Kubrick starting with opening credits lol. I do love the acid queen part. Tina turner rocks it. Covid days. Watching trippy movies at 2pm. Now on to my 3-5 dead shows per night as I drink good bourbon until 2am. Structure left the building 3-4 months ago. About 18 weeks from a serious dose of it. on another note I believe I may be going stir crazy. Pretty sure that’s a DSM-5 condition. Been singing behind blue eyes and changing the words out as odes to my cats. Yeah.....
-
never really heard these lyrics but they are pretty dead on.
-
Requested my Wilmington refunds lol. That shows still on the schedule right? 😕. Need to get my JRAD double rescheduled and prob try to get stones 2021 back. I forgot which shows I even bought lol. Not sure how long it will take my mind to lose the fear of being on a shoulder to shoulder dance floor. This has more consequences than just physical. Will we ever get our heads back to February 2020? Maybe hypnosis.
-
Can dead bands still play the night they drove old Dixie down? can the stones play some girls? Doubt that will ever be played live again. Id prob be shocked if it was in today’s climate and it prob shouldn’t. It’s a great song but racist as fuck. If you took out a few lyrics it’s good to go but these are pretty bad if you don’t know it. White girls they're pretty funny Sometimes they drive me mad Black girls just wanna get fucked all night I just don't have that much jam Chinese girls are so gentle They're really such a tease You never know quite what they're cookin' Inside those silky sleeves
-
Another random thought. China doll>d/s is weird as fuck.
-
So I think maybe I’d take my time machine to 85 for dead tour. In 85 they really start to experiment with echo and other effects, im assuming from advances in tech of some sort. There’s definitely a much more intentional psychsdelic effect in 85 than in 84. Voice echo becomes almost like a novelty effect. Summer 85 is the echo tour but you get it in spring too. The tour schedule isn’t anything special really in 85. The Houston>Austin>ok city>KC>redrocks x3>Oakland x3 is really the only intriguing travel part of the tour. Don’t get pulled over with your photoshopped ID or make sure to have your Reagan 84 magnetic bumper sticker on before you did that early part or hell any of it. California was a 3 strike state. Sorta crazy to think of nowadays. I don’t know what it is about 85 I’m drawn to. Maybe it’s how spatial the sound was taken. The shows are such face melters. The whole band was super hot and now they had the electronics to let them explore. Maybe the soundboards are just better than 81-84. There’s def a depression in board quality available to us from that era. I used to be in this 75-79 kick. Now I’m in an 82-92 kick. It just seems like better to my ears. I’ve been listening to lots of 91. What sorta sucks is I think that spring 90 is one of their weaker tours. The boards sound pretty good. I don’t really like how the levels are set but whatever. Fall 89 was really dark but hot. But I’ve grown weary of fall 89. If I’m angry that’s good shit to listen to. Ramble ramble ramble. Space is over. Back to 3/31/85 Portland Maine. Did 3/28/85 Nassau previous. John A I don’t have a flac sbd for 3/29. Fuel your gulfstream and file your flight plan and be ready to upgrade thanks.
-
Thoughts 7/8/95 is easily best visions of Johanna and if you disagree Let’s go toe to toe i could grab a fifth of macallums 15 and sit with the salt of the earth gang and listen to Keller play solo dead. We would def need a 2nd fifth for set 2. I hope all of my friends retain at least a minimal amount of mental health with all the craziness out there. We will get by. I cried 2x tonight listening to Jerry bands 4-23-95 show(last Jgb) then listening to my last and the 1st show I began to understand the music 7/8/95. A bottle of whiskey makes jerry seem like he’s playing faster and better...the Althea was the 2nd time I cried. 32 days later jerry died and in retrospect you could tell it during that song. But then you get that visions which I respectfully say fuck you if you don’t feel the love jerry poured out in it. I also cried a 3rd time thinking about having a child and my mortality. That’s likely the whiskey talking. Wayyyyy too much time on my hands. Biz on hiatus a year. Boy conceived week 1 of lockdown. Eating Mexican lunch with margaritas every day around 3pm. Structure has left the building. Don’t worry. I’ll get it soon enough. zzzzzzz
-
Satisfaction played 31x per deadbase with most being encores. On that note half of the encores were double encores with satisfaction followed by brokedown 8x, baby blue 4x and us blues 1x.
-
Currently doing summer tour 85
-
that’s Bob Marley btw
-
Until the philosophy Which hold one race superior and another Inferior Is finally And permanently Discredited And abandoned Everywhere is war Me say war That until there no longer First class and second class citizens of any nation Until the color of a man's skin Is of no more significance than the color of his eyes Me say war That until the basic human rights Are equally guaranteed to all Without regard to race Dis a war That until that day The dream of lasting peace, World citizenship Rule of international morality Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, But never attained Now everywhere is war War
-
I heard they all got new jobs. I think I read Eaton is now an aerobics instructor. Barraco opened up a gun shop. Mattson works at a high end Manhattan hair salon. Dino and Rob k are trying to become Instagram influencers. Skip is a ski instructor and Lisa opened a jiu Jitsu complex. dso is no longer....... was nice to meet many of you guys. Barraco is taking over the forum and it’s now going to be gun talk. Ar-15 or ak-47. Which do you prefer in a high altitude midrange combat situation. Red dot or magnifier scope—finding your best all purpose optics system.
-
Fuck you 2020!!!
-
Watched the deadco wrigley 7/1/17 stream last night. Was weird to end up dancing with so many Dso peeps that night. But an unsold section attracts the smarter deadheads who want space. What was weird was that deadco was playing pretty normal tempo. May 5% slower. Now they average probably 20% slower. The weirdest thing is that I see people post how Deadco now is like the dead in their prime. Those people are as delusional as the people who actually believe trump is the greatest president ever or even a decent president. Fuck that dude. He’s a pathetic human who only cares about himself.
-
I’ll continue to eat tasty shit and burn gas and fly. Everyone of us likely burns more fossil fuels than the average human so we can’t say much about any of it. It’s life. We live and then die. Survival of the fittest. The earth will be here long after us. If it needs to swallow up Miami and New Orleans, so be it. I’d be a hypocrite to say don’t drill for oil as I do or used to do some 6k mile tour. Save the planet but I’ll hop flights to listen to music.
-
Me and the gf always wear a mask to stores. I don’t see any issue protecting each other. South Korea stopped the spread with masks. It’s the only way. I have friends there and masks are mandatory to leave the house. In Seoul which is the density of NYC they only have around 50 new cases a day because of the mask policy.
-
Pretty sure that cutting your yard makes the grass healthier. We are an overpopulated planet in places because of religious organizations who tell people contraception is wrong. In Africa the Catholics deny birth control for starving populations leading to more starvation. Now religious organizations are peddling conspiracies about vaccines. A new poll showed that 25% will refuse getting a vaccine if one is found. Many “evangelicals” are following trumps “lead”. These conspiracies that the far right are peddling about bill gates and Fauci will make it worse. It’s insane that we have someone in charge who meets with the QAnon leader whos main theory is Democrat’s and Hillary are running a child slavery ring. Only idiots would believe this but he’s got a bunch of them and he’s retweeting QAnon tweets. Like your tax cuts but if you support this guy as a human being you are a pretty sad person who is helping him destroy trust in so many American institutions. It’s pretty gross really. He really could shoot someone for no reason and Fox News would defend it and his people would have no problem. What loser says this anyway. He did say he’d run as a Republican because they would believe any lie he told. How brazen was he to say that and how sad is it to know that he can make up 50 things a day that aren’t true and he’s cheered. What a scumbag.
-
Happy Mother’s Day from the president
