-
Posts
6,299 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
349
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Rude
-
I have passion to hang out with lots of tour friends without wanting to be romantic with them. I dont have thoughts at all about being romantic with tea and gr8fulpair even though I have a passion to see shows with them. Being with other like souls who leave it all out there is my passion. Getting down with a great crowd is a passion. Dancing outdoors is a passion. (Who am I kidding. Everyone wants to get in Tea's pants)
-
Wow did you get a houses of the holy>cotton eyed joe? I’ve been waiting for that combo forever.
-
My melted snow had roof pieces in it. Roof cracked from ice and water came in. Have to pit a new roof on this week and roofers cane to scrape the snow off my roof on Friday to minimize the leakage.
-
I love headhunters. They played it at setbreak at black mountain this year.
-
On Sirius, tigdh is always a different day than today. Not sure what’s up with that. Maybe tea needs a radio gig. Pretty sure it would pay at least 15k a year, ed and I’m sure u could do a better job.
-
We got B2B lovelights this weekend. Pig then bobby style and both were amazing. You guys just smoked us this weekend. So glad I came. Those were some special shows. Has to be the weekend of the year for seeing Dso shows. I mean was that not the best b2b shows maybe they’ve ever done. 68 then a monster in the best indoor music venue in the country. That place was the music equivalent of a new billion dollar football stadium. If you got closer than 40-50ft from the stage your eardrums could hardly take it. It fucking boomed!!
-
It's weird having a free weekend to see some college football. Missed 3 straight weeks(I did record games to watch later) with tour. I did get to see the worst game of the football season-OSU vs MD in person. it was a pro team vs high school team and the pro team knew it and barely played for a 41-7 halftime lead. If they played it would have been 56-0 at the half. When you have 2 kicks blocked and turn it over in your territory, let the opponent run back a 100yd kickoff TD and you still lead 41-7 at the half you know it's bad. There was even an article from an OSU blog saying if OSU plays like this vs penn state they lose. Not many times do you say that when up 41-7 at the half. To tell you a little more about this game, the starting 3/4th string QB didn't throw a completion for 26 minutes and it wasn't because OSU was defending them. This QB couldn't play catch in a front yard. He's so bad that on 2 3rd and 5's vs a top tier run defense, they try to run for it. Needless to say that was a fail. They finished the half with 1 total yard of offense only because they had 10 yards on the last drive. They were at -9yds through 25 minutes. That 1st half was 2:10 long. Brutal. Luckily we got a pair of decent tix for only $50 total and had a DSO show after and boy was that a doozy. I think the band was like let's give the boys who went to that dog of a game the goods tonight.
-
I love that Smail kid who posts all the setlists too. It's like snail but with an M. SML is not initials but short for the word smail.
-
The wrigley the seats weren't very confining but we were in the fat cat big seats behind home plate. In Charlotte we danced in the concession area
-
Your tuning is currently set to understanding tour people. It's a completely different language than kid.
-
The Taft is where my ear problem started right in front of a speaker in the front. Did you say something?? Talk louder please.
-
Have a blast tonight peeps!!! Wish I was there!!
-
Also I wish I could change the post title. It's supposed to say randomness not less. No way to edit title
-
This ain't their future so they don't care. Plus they are probably partying until 3am like most of us did on our 20s. The key is for you to stop caring. Drop out and tune in, bro...
-
Yeah......internet. Chuck you've always been the caretaker here.
-
Turns out I was wrong. There aren't enough cops in hampton https://ibb.co/nLKdC5][/url] hd pic upload https://ibb.co/mqpWzk] hd pic upload
-
Talked to a guy from the show in his 60s about the contrast of live free or die and the police state in hampton beach. He lit up a joint and said something to the extent you did. Live free our way or die. He said the whole state is a police state.
-
Wave to the popo. They love hippies there. Having a cardboard sign would probably get you a ticket, serious. The newest biggest building in town is the police station/jail right on the strip with fresh razor wire. They ain't posin'. It's 500 feet or less from the venue and concerts are a good revenue stream for the jail.
-
Good article about the experiencing self and the remembering self regarding vacations(tour). The remembering self favors new experiences and many different ones. Taking 2 week vacations has much less impact on our mental well being than shorter ones with different experiences. Also says planning well in advance and talking about the experience after will add to that. I guess the planning in advance gives you something to look forward to and remembering can bring back the happy memories. I'm a firm believer in this. Having a trip always planned on the horizon definitely will keep the blues at bay. With nothing to look forward to, life has you by the balls. If nothing else, jubilee is a great constant and provides lasting memories. Also I believe part of the differing experiences involves the different people we interact with. I'm using tour as an example as my travel is nearly exclusively devoted to music as we have no kids, but hanging with varying groups of great people is also key to me and even interchanging friends into different groups like our fun Boulder group creates a different dynamic that varies the experience even more. God forbid I'd have limited vacation like 10 or 15 days a year but if I did I'd be exclusively doing as many 3-4 day weekends as I could do. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-scientific-reason-why-2-145000104.html
-
I highly recommend the movie Baby Driver. Fantastic soundtrack as music is a key part of the movie and just a bad ass movie in general. It's a theater must see. Don't read anything about it. Just go in blind. It's stylish intense action/suspense. That's all you need to know. Im an ultra rough movie critic and this movie was stellar. I think being a GD fan makes us expect perfection a little more with our art than other people who are ok with disposable art like much of today's pop music.
-
Heard a rumor that the elusive Tea for Texas was making a 2-show appearance. Note this is just speculation at this point, but if the rumor holds true, it should be a party for the ages. Vip packages are available CID entertainment for the Tea meet and greet. Edit: this is sarcasm so dont kill my Ron for muddying your tour info page
-
4th of July fireworks seemed to be missing something this year............. I know what it was. They werent playing dead while shooting them.
-
After deep discussion tonight with the gf, I realized that I'm just creating negativity comparing DSO to deadco and we as fans should be happy we may get more shows now. Most of these emotions of mine in the deadco thread came when talking to people at deadco that to me felt like they were disrespecting DSO or just uniformed and this was my defense mechanism at work. I need to stay on the bright side of the road and avoid needless negative vibes.
-
I wasn't disrespecting anyone. I was making a joke how people don't realize that any dead type show is not a seated event. When the Iowa city show started there were literally 6 standing. The 4 in our group and 2 other DSO regulars. By the end almost everyone was up letting loose. When I read the quoted part it made me laugh as there's no crowd like a dead crowd and a DSO crowd is definitely a more serious musical crowd than deadco. Not a lot of tourists are at most DSO shows. Definitely the people I meet at DSO shows are a step above crowds you meet at the large shows with massive lot scenes. DSO crowds are much more serious deadheads imo.
-
Shortly after sunrise, from mid-June through mid-July, rows of lawn chairs begin appearing between the limestone cliffs of Veterans Park. It's the time-honored method for reserving a prime spot for a great evening of entertainment! Get your chairs ready for our 51st season of admission-free summer concerts, music and theater, and join us a Springfield tradition - The Summer Arts Festival! Get those chairs ready people for a great night of sitting and knee slappin'. I'm gonna sit my ass off at this show. Let me know where everyone is going to sit during the show so we can all sit our butts off together......
