drums

Stella Blue

Throwin' Stones

Not Fade Away

Encore

Box of Rain

Filler: Tangled

Guest deadheadmike

Nice Show !!! I was at that one in 89 ... I'm probably not the only one here that was ... 89 was a grate year for GD shows and 09 is grate for year for DSO shows !!!

• Forum MVP

nice looking show. Hope to hear a tape someday! You're so very right Mike! - '89 was a really cool year for GD and for all of us!

Love Far From Me, and Row Jimmy is one of my favs, Just a Little Light, Stella, Throwing Stones, NFA . . . nice selections for sure!

Nice Show !!! I was at that one in 89 ... I'm probably not the only one here that was ... 89 was a grate year for GD shows and 09 is grate for year for DSO shows !!!

Very Good show the first time around !

It just goes to show ya' that sweet music can come from a shitty venue like the meadowlands(I'm not being negative, just stating the fact that the overzealous security @ Meadowlands,was a huge downer when your altitude was a bit high) :wacko:

Would like to see DSO recreate a meadowlands show, becuse the scene is a hell of alot better in a smaller venue! :dsorocks:

It's always nice to walk out of a DSO show & not have to stroll past a bank of NJ State Police cars w/Troopers @ parade rest (awaiting a riot- I guess?) Someone should have told them Hippies are peaceful !

Peace,

Rob

Victim or the Crime

Standing on the Moon

I think that's a really cool way to end a first set. I know a lot of people aren't into Victim (though I like it because it's idiosynchratic), but having two traditional second set tunes close out the first set rules, especially when one of them is Standing. How many times did GD play Standing in the first set? I know of one other, in Louisville, '90. Likely, because both of these songs were relatively new at the time, they hadn't decided on consistent spots for them yet.

Also, how did DSO finish off standing last night? Did they really blow it out to end the set, or sort of let it fade out?

Mark

Guest crazy digits

show was good as always....loved the digits, estimated>eyes ( sorry CV ) d/s >stella

oh, the tangled up in blue-filler, can't forget that :-)

lets do it again.

• Forum MVP
Very Good show the first time around !

It just goes to show ya' that sweet music can come from a shitty venue like the meadowlands(I'm not being negative, just stating the fact that the overzealous security @ Meadowlands,was a huge downer when your altitude was a bit high) :wacko:

that was the run that Adam Katz was killed & dumped out on the road.I'm not sure which show it happened at but it was one of the 5.Security was out of control back then.

Guest deadheadmike

gallery_3954_101_951903.jpg

these were handed out on the 15th ... I sat right behind a group of Adam's friends on the 15th , they were devastated and were supposed to be at the show with him and were there that night mostly to look for answerers ... such a shame .

• Forum MVP
show was good as always....loved the digits, estimated>eyes ( sorry CV ) d/s >stella

oh, the tangled up in blue-filler, can't forget that :-)

lets do it again.

bixby glad you made it out to Salt Lake!! that's awesome

my guess is that youll get the following night tonight, 10.16 is a great show

see you philly? york? 12th anny? dc? hopefully all of the above my friend

Guest crazy digits
bixby glad you made it out to Salt Lake!! that's awesome

my guess is that youll get the following night tonight, 10.16 is a great show

see you philly? york? 12th anny? dc? hopefully all of the above my friend

yes, i am thinking consecutive nights as well...my buddy ( jim fairchild ) has been spoiled and seen 83 park west ( before eaton, i think ), possaic nj 76 with scott ( i was at that one - btw - sick show, just ask brett and alisha, fox theatre, st louis 79, binghamton 83, norman ok 77- we all know what kind of treat that must of been...of course all in salt lake....so i told him the late 80's, 90's or possibly an elective would make sense this time around...so far, it looks as though i may be on to something..regardless, of the show, dso does every year justice plus!!

grate hanging with my salt lake buddies, jim and heidi fairchild, mike lookinland( pork chops and apple sauce ) and gene weymouth..love you all and many thanks to dso for doing what you do.

btw, nice meeting jentry ( from the board ), vince and of course hanging with connie, gary and frank...

• Forum MVP

It looks like it would be a barnburner of a Standing but that song belonged in the post space ballad slot. This one to close the set (they only played this song a handful of times in the fist set and this was the only first set closer) was anticlimactic as were the Standings that closed shows--there were 4 or 5 of them--at least that's what I recall.

I don't really listen to those years cept for the ballads.

• Forum MVP
It looks like it would be a barnburner of a Standing but that song belonged in the post space ballad slot. This one to close the set (they only played this song a handful of times in the fist set and this was the only first set closer) was anticlimactic as were the Standings that closed shows--there were 4 or 5 of them--at least that's what I recall.

the Standing did belong post-drumz because that's where the tune could shine as a true Jerry ballad. anywhere else they did not really raise the end of it up too much,, think of it as a CrazyFingers/Ship of Fools/He'sGone slot pre-drumz kind of energy. there's actually one other first set closing Sotm, 3.31.89 greensboro, nc-

1: Bucket>Sugare>Minglewood,Peggy-O,Uncle>River, Loser, Victim, SOTM ..so NYSteve, there's only 2.

the Standing's to close the second set which happened only from 93 to 95 are certainly powerful, one of my favorites is actually the final one played on 6.30.95 in pittsburgh, Jerry just goes off and rips it, i mean really rips it

wayy back when, when i posted a "favorite SOTM" Thread in general discussion like a few years ago, i think i brought 9.8.93 richfield, oH to everyone's attention, that being the only time they jammed it, Drumz>Miracle>SOTM Jam>Black Peter>Sugar Mag, basically a glorified "tease" though, still something eye-catching in gd-history/statistics/trivia

• Forum MVP
the Standing did belong post-drumz because that's where the tune could shine as a true Jerry ballad. anywhere else they did not really raise the end of it up too much,, think of it as a CrazyFingers/Ship of Fools/He'sGone slot pre-drumz kind of energy. there's actually one other first set closing Sotm, 3.31.89 greensboro, nc-

1: Bucket>Sugare>Minglewood,Peggy-O,Uncle>River, Loser, Victim, SOTM ..so NYSteve, there's only 2.

the Standing's to close the second set which happened only from 93 to 95 are certainly powerful, one of my favorites is actually the final one played on 6.30.95 in pittsburgh, Jerry just goes off and rips it, i mean really rips it

wayy back when, when i posted a "favorite SOTM" Thread in general discussion like a few years ago, i think i brought 9.8.93 richfield, oH to everyone's attention, that being the only time they jammed it, Drumz>Miracle>SOTM Jam>Black Peter>Sugar Mag, basically a glorified "tease" though, still something eye-catching in gd-history/statistics/trivia

torpiedia!!!!!

Check out Eugene 93....That version is regarded as the seminal Standing on the Moon by many.

I just listened to that version and I wholeheartedly agree; it's phenomenal. I think it narrowly beats out 3/20/92, which is so great partially due to Hornsby's playing.

Mark

Archived