Don't Read This

anddave

It's a good thing I didn't read this thread or I'd have been inclined to post something like...

Patience people - does anybody really expect a band who has only played together publicly 9 times and who is required to represent a huge body of work to actually have the vocals down pat? It takes months of constant performing together for a band to "gel" and vocals are a part of that process. DSO *should* have an edge on vocals due to the number of times they have performed together.

To my ears, Furthur gets better on every show - both playing and singing. It is clear they are working on doing good vocals based on the amount of harmonization (or attempted harmonization ;) ) in their shows. As to their choice of who does what song, I don't always agree with it and sometimes it hurts a bit (e.g. Sugaree from Asbury), but it ain't my choice - it's theirs. In fact, I rather enjoy some of the updated arrangements with different singers (e.g. Fennario and Ship Of Fools from Asbury) - to use the clich

Archived