Stella Blue

WRS Prelude

WRS Part 1

Let It Grow

Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad

One More Saturday Night

Uncle John's Band

10/25/73

H/C Sunshine, I only saw DSO do this 1 time and it was at Irving Plaza, the show right after Scott died. Tonight, just as back then, it was beautiful! BTW, as always when they play those early 70's shows was a joy to dance to and the build up was constant and the final verse was smokin. I had to callmy friend Bob during Mexicali because it was a nice fast song that had me going. TJed was good, but I always am looking for a wonderful recreation of NYE 82? That is the standard I measure this tune, and as I said it was good, but not great. Didn't matter tho, the LLrain, Deal, El Paso, and Playin, quickly made me forget that TJed was good. That 4 song run was one of the best I can remember...I love to hear El Paso live, it was always one of my favorites.

China>Rider...Can't think of much to say about this, it was tonight, as it always is, a crowd pleaser. Me and My Uncle kept the groove going. Dark Star, I can think of only 1 word...EPIC...seemed to go on forever. Eyes and Stella Blue were a treat. For some reason, I am thinking those two were played Stella first, and then Eyes, I am probably wrong tho. WRS and let it Grow were very nice. This got me moving fast again. My knees were starting to give out. I love the old Goin Down The Road and One More Saturday Night versions they did tonight, made me forget about my knees. Uncle John's Band was short and sweet...very sweet...and a wonderful encore. They filled in a Blues Tune that Lisa was enjoying herself singing, I just don't know the name of it.

The crowd was into the show...I was on the rail most of the show and I often heard the crowd singing and could not hear the band singing. Just a bit disappointing, but it was really cool to see the crowd into the show so entusiastically. There was plenty of room to dance, but it was crowded enough to help the mood.

Peace to all,

Joe

Here Comes Sunshine

Black Throated Wind

Mexicali Blues

Tennessee Jed

Looks Like Rain

Deal

El Paso

Playing in the Band

China Cat Sunflower

I Know You Rider

Me and My Uncle

Dark Star

Mind Left Body Jam

Dark Star

Eyes of the World

Stella Blue

WRS Prelude

WRS Part 1

Let It Grow

Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad

One More Saturday Night

Uncle John's Band

10/25/73

H/C Sunshine, I only saw DSO do this 1 time and it was at Irving Plaza, the show right after Scott died. Tonight, just as back then, it was beautiful! BTW, as always when they play those early 70's shows was a joy to dance to and the build up was constant and the final verse was smokin. I had to callmy friend Bob during Mexicali because it was a nice fast song that had me going. TJed was good, but I always am looking for a wonderful recreation of NYE 82? That is the standard I measure this tune, and as I said it was good, but not great. Didn't matter tho, the LLrain, Deal, El Paso, and Playin, quickly made me forget that TJed was good. That 4 song run was one of the best I can remember...I love to hear El Paso live, it was always one of my favorites.

China>Rider...Can't think of much to say about this, it was tonight, as it always is, a crowd pleaser. Me and My Uncle kept the groove going. Dark Star, I can think of only 1 word...EPIC...seemed to go on forever. Eyes and Stella Blue were a treat. For some reason, I am thinking those two were played Stella first, and then Eyes, I am probably wrong tho. WRS and let it Grow were very nice. This got me moving fast again. My knees were starting to give out. I love the old Goin Down The Road and One More Saturday Night versions they did tonight, made me forget about my knees. Uncle John's Band was short and sweet...very sweet...and a wonderful encore. They filled in a Blues Tune that Lisa was enjoying herself singing, I just don't know the name of it.

The crowd was into the show...I was on the rail most of the show and I often heard the crowd singing and could not hear the band singing. Just a bit disappointing, but it was really cool to see the crowd into the show so entusiastically. There was plenty of room to dance, but it was crowded enough to help the mood.

Peace to all,

Joe

oops, missed a couple in the first set, too tired to mess with it right now...

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

bertha big river black throated wind .I gotta say that with Jeff standing up on stage with these guys & girl that they are freakinrockin like I've never seen em rock before .The interreaction & the energy coming from the stage is really amazing .

They took the stage at 8:30 last night with the first set ending about 10 :20 with a 22 min playing in the band to close out the first set !!!!!Coming back out at 11 only to finish the show up at 1:10 and then still finding time too do a strange man .Dino said he thinks it was the longest show they ever played .I don't think there was a curfew.The whole second set was a total meltdown & I personally like the sound of the fender strat.It sounds like the era when Jerry was playing the strat that Graham Nash gave em ,Freakin dark star ,mind jam dark star eyes stella was down right sick .The sound in that place where ever you went was really amazing along with the mix (thanks Cotter)who always in my eyes does a fantastic job!After the stella you would execpt a suger mag or around but no we got a w.r.suite let it grow that was a master piece ,then a rockin gdtrfb & a j.b.goode .during the encore I said to Lisa & Kris ,well there's no time for a filler tonight & BAM-O ,Strange Man (thank you Lisa)., 3 more night of this ,WOW peace -steve & kris

three more nights of this indeed! i had to stop for epsom salts on the way back and soak for an hour. djgb was also excellent. i was worried that jeff might get fried playing both gigs, but he never slowed down. dancing from 7 til 1. good dancing. god get me through the rest of this run.

no robbok3 last night, it was a solo drummer show. i talked to one of his buddies and he said rob was backstage and had some flight delays getting here. i didn

I got the word that Rob was not planning to get down until Richmond tonight anyway, or maybe he got stuck but he didn't make it. If that was a last minute change-over, the band covered it masterfully.

Also I didn't think the lights were done as well as usual; a little dark int he front, missed some spots, etc. did you? Anyway if that's all that's off it's on!

Archived