Trade A Throckmorton For A Masonic Hall

jiga420

Hello

I have an extra ticket to the Wed 1/6 and Thurs 1/7 Throckmorton shows in Mill Valley. I would love to trade one for either Masonic Hall show. P.M. me if your interested.

My impression is unless you can find someone with the same name, you cannot trade or sell these tickets. Only the ticketbuyer can get in--at least that is what they claim. This is to prevent scalping. I'm still hoping to buy a ticket if any more come up on the ticket site. So far, I have only been frustrated in my attempts.

• Forum MVP
My impression is unless you can find someone with the same name, you cannot trade or sell these tickets. Only the ticketbuyer can get in--at least that is what they claim. This is to prevent scalping. I'm still hoping to buy a ticket if any more come up on the ticket site. So far, I have only been frustrated in my attempts.

I'm hoping they are flexible. I have a friend with multiple nights to the just released set, and he is willing to give me one of them. I can't imagine they won't be reasonable.

• Forum MVP

They are more relaxed than the furthur page lets on. You go to the door and give them your name and ID, they check it and you walk in. You don't have to show them your receipt. There was a husband who asked if his wife could go in his place and they said fine and let her in (this was at the Masonic Hall).

You might want to have your friend email MusicToday(who people have been having good experiences with in terms of getting replies right away) with his ticket number to see if he can change names without having to come to the venue himself.

I would not go down there without having him either take care of it with Music Today over the Internet or have him come with you to get you in the door.

I would not go down there without having him either take care of it with Music Today over the Internet or have him come with you to get you in the door.

Absolutely. It seems clear that the the venue needs proof that the ticket buyer is actually authorizing someone else to take their place.

I'm glad they are being more relaxed about letting people swap places with friends, spouse,... However, this policy might not last long if these shows continue. If the scalpers/ticket brokers got wind of this relaxed policy, they would start buying up all the available tickets for their "friends" with lots of cash.

:huh:

For what it's worth, I asked the person doing the checking in whether it would be possible to do an exchange at the door. I potentially had such a possiblity myself, so I had more than an idle curiosity Unfortunately, she said this rule is firm, and they would absolutely not be granting exchanges. She went on and said the statement at the ticketing site in bold letters about no exchanges is exactly what they mean. Don't know what would happen if you actually tried it, but this seems to be a something that has little room for negotiation. I would guess if you showed up with a spouse having the same last name they would give you a little slack. Beyond that, I'm guessing not.

• Forum MVP
For what it's worth, I asked the person doing the checking in whether it would be possible to do an exchange at the door. I potentially had such a possiblity myself, so I had more than an idle curiosity Unfortunately, she said this rule is firm, and they would absolutely not be granting exchanges. She went on and said the statement at the ticketing site in bold letters about no exchanges is exactly what they mean. Don't know what would happen if you actually tried it, but this seems to be a something that has little room for negotiation. I would guess if you showed up with a spouse having the same last name they would give you a little slack. Beyond that, I'm guessing not.

Well that sucks ass. I have a friend who is happy to give me his ticket for Sunday night's show. I guess I'll ask tonight and see if I get the same story you did.

Archived