Lowell George With Little Feat

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

I was lucky enough to see Lowell George with Little Feat in 1978. I would compare him to Jerry with the Dead. He was that good! Once Little Feat lost George, I felt a great void in their music. I spent countless hours in HS listening to numerous Little Feat albums, especially Waiting For Columbus. This was all before I really started to get the GD's body of music. The memories are really cool....

• Forum MVP
And you show me a sign

:) God bless them, they were among the best! :)

I chanced to meet a bartender who said he knew her well

I had tix to see Little Feat with Lowell George around '78, but the show was canceled due to "illness". I'll always regret not catching him before he died.

Waiting for Columbus is right up there for me with Europe '72 for favorite live albums of all time.

• Forum MVP

I too was able to see Lowell w/ Little Feat & opening for them was Pure Praire League which if I'm not mistakin someone from that band replaced lowell.I seen him also on his last tour before he died ,a solo tour up in lupo,s in Rhode Island .Went to collage up there .It seemed like everyone at the time was into little feet.Lowell came out and played once with (hopefully I can spell this right)the possette dart band .that was pretty neat.

• Forum MVP
I was lucky enough to see Lowell George with Little Feat in 1978. I would compare him to Jerry with the Dead. He was that good! Once Little Feat lost George, I felt a great void in their music. I spent countless hours in HS listening to numerous Little Feat albums, especially Waiting For Columbus. This was all before I really started to get the GD's body of music. The memories are really cool....

I too was lucky enough to catch one show while Lowell was still with us. Little Feat played my college in 1978 - S.U.N.Y. at Fredonia. They played in our gorgeous theater. The theater housed an amazing pipe organ. Feat wanted to use the organ in their concert, but the college wouldn't let them. too bad. What a great show it was. Little Feat is still a great band, but you are so right in the analogy that Little Feat with Lowell George was very similar to Jerry and the Dead.

Guest crazy digits
i have some boards if that doesnt work for you......

great band.....its what got me involved in the music.....

Mark, I know we are both a little slow in our development of pix, video and recordings but I would love a couple recordings ( With Lowell ) if nothing else.

Archived